S: Bites and Stings are Dangerous Things
BC: The End
FC: Bites and Stings are Dangerous Things By: Malea Moss
1: Bites and Stings are Dangerous Things By: Malea Moss
2: One day a young boy named Johnny was outside in his yard playing with his dog Scruffy.
3: While he was chasing his dog around the yard, Johnny saw a big bee and got curious and tried to catch it, not knowing how dangerous bees can be.
4: The bee became aggravated, and went into protection mode and stung johnny in his arm.
5: Johnny immediately fell to the ground and started crying and screaming.
6: His older sister heard these screams, and ran outside to see what had happened.
7: He told her what happened, and she immediately ran inside the house and got her first aid kit.
8: She didn't panic, because she remembered what she learned in health last week. So she knew the necessary steps to take . First she moved him away from the area where he was stung, then she called his mom to see if he was allergic to bees.
10: Her mom wasn't sure if he was allergic or not, so his sister carly started looking for possible symptoms that he had. she noticed that his face and lips began to swell really badly and he was having trouble breathing.
12: She immediately call 911, and told them the problem. While waiting for the paramedics Carly removed the stinger from her brothers arm, and washed his wound with mild soap and water to prevent infection.
13: when the paramedics arrived, they examined johnny and told carly what a wonderful job she had done taking care of her brother.
14: Carly was awarded the doctor of the day award, and johnny went to the doctor and got checked out. It turns out that he did have allergies,but the care his sister gave him eliminated some problems that could have occurred if she didn't know what to do. So this teaches us that learning first aid is very important, because you never know what might happen and by knowing first aid you can be prepared for anything that comes your way.