FC: U.S Unique Super Rocket The rocket engineering experience
1: My Variable that has lead to Wonders of different rockets that may be created | Cold Temperature: 58F Dissolving time: 53sec Room Temperature: 74F Dissolving Time: 38 sec
2: Getting The Idea and plan I was a difficult challenge to work with a group and agree on one idea and one idea only. We would choose 1 whole of an alka seltzer because from all the experiments we have done, we noticed that 1/4 of an alka seltzer goes really fast in hot water. That's why we thought it would be good to make it go faster, especially if we choose hot water which we did.
3: The Planning We decided to make it a classical rocket with a nose cone 1/3 the size of the rocket body, and 3 right triangle wings. From all the experiments we have done, we chose hot water. Including a whole alka seltzer. Though working with groups doesn't always work. It was really hard to discuss about who does what.
4: Creation to Mess We had got the job done and it was exactly how I expected it to be. We had also learned or name. It was U.S. Which is known as unique super rockets. As we got outside my heart started to beat with wonder and excitement. it was going to be perfect, until a POP and a SPLAT came along. It had completely spilled before he closed it because it was too much pressure.
5: The Improving Project From what we have seen, we decided to obviously exchange 1 whole of an alka seltzer to a small amount. Since we didn't know about the design, we just kept it. I thought it was perfect.
6: Conclusion As our hearts pound, we found out that we either had too much weight or it's because we chose hot vinegar. It wasn't the best rocket, but at least it flew up. The rocket took a turn to the audience and it only flew the height of a yard. What everyone had figured out was: Don't use crushed alka seltzer because it dissolves too fast, don't use hot vinegar because it effects the time span, don't used a whole alka seltzer or else it would go TOO fast, and try to not put on too much weight!
7: What I would've Done Well, first of all I would most definitely delete the wings. It's pretty much impossible to actually have use for them. After all, they're made of construction paper, they are weak and loose. The only thing they will do it add more weight. Next I would've chosen a very pointy nose cone so it can make a accurate target, but since it will be accurate, I must make the cone straight and measured. Then I will have 1/3 of an alka seltzer tablet. There is nothing else included expect for a decoration that shows our group name with a hint of a colorful picture.