Christmas Standard Delivery Deadline 12/18
: :
Get up to 50% Off! Code: MXSHIP Ends: 12/12 Details
Apply
  1. Help

Genealogy Documents III

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Genealogy Documents III - Page Text Content

S: Ancestral Genealogy Research of Documents, Letters, Obituaries, Wills, etc. from the Late 1700's through 1899.

FC: BOOK THREE | Ancestral Genealogy Research of Documents, Letters, Obituaries, Wills, etc. from the Late 1700's through 1899. Author: Irene Paret Weeks

1: This book contains copies of old letters, obituaries, newspaper articles, wills, etc. on our ancestors dating from the late 1700's through 1899.

2: About the making of this book (Book Three): The binder containing the information that was used for this book contained original letters, documents, wills, newspaper articles, etc. on the family. (Note, Book Three does not contain documents from the Bishop's two trips to the Lambeth Conferences in London.) I have tried to put the items in chronological order. The binder used did contain some copies of documents instead of the original. This is because I did not have access or ownership of the originals and had to make copies. I obtained some of these documents from family members both close and distant but the majority of these documents were obtained from Universities, Libraries, Churches, the Internet and from my travels researching the family. There will be some caption notes or transcriptions where possible to explain a document and some are self-explanatory. Some of the old letters were very hard to read. Special Note: I have made the spelling of the Bishop's mother's family name as Levi although many articles reference the name as Levy. In the Bishop's book, he refers to his Mother as a Levi but in other documents, he uses the spelling of Levy. Author: Irene Paret Weeks (Lord), October 2011

3: Interesting! The Battle of Calcasieu. (Reference to Captain Daniel Goos on page 4) Page 1 of 4

4: The Battle of Calcasieu (Reference to Captain Daniel Goos on page 4) Page 2 of 4

5: The Battle of Calcasieu (Reference to Captain Daniel Goos on page 4) Page 3 of 4

6: The Battle of Calcasieu (Reference to Captain Daniel Goos on page 4) Page 1 of 4

7: A letter dated March 13, 1786 from Stephen Paret's mother Catherine Graffeuil in response to a letter she had received from him. The letter was translated from French to English and re-written by Bishop William Paret. Page 1 of 2.

8: Page 2 of 2.

9: This letter dated January 13, 1786 was written by a former Priest to Stephen Paret telling him of what pleasure his letter to his mother meant and detailed some of the local events. The letter was translated from French to English and re-written by Bishop William Paret. Page 1 of 2.

10: Page 2 of 2.

11: A document to William Paret from New York detailing his admission as a candidate for Holy Orders from Bishop William Delancey.

12: A history of John Bowness (born 1806) and his descendants. His brother was Robert Bowness whose granddaughter Susan married John Thomas Weeks. Page 1 of 4.

13: Page 2 of 4.

14: Page 3 of 4.

15: Page 4 of 4.

16: This article shows that Stephen Paret who came from France partnered with Israel Levi in the clothing business. This explains how John Paret got into the clothing business and subsequently married Israel's daughter, Hester Levi. | This article shows the dissolution of the partnership between Stephen Paret and Israel Levi. | Exact year on 2 of these articles is unknown. | This article dated July 12, 1804 shows Israel Levi publicly denouncing any of his wife's debts as she does not pay them. They are mutually separated.

17: A reward dated June 19, 1819 for stolen sheep. The reward was posted by Robert Edwards, Captain George Lock's maternal grandfather.

18: This is a translation of Stephen Paret's Will. Will of Stephen Paret, Merchant, New York City Dated July 14, 1821 Proved Sept. 28, 1821 To wife Hannah, sufficient household furniture to keep house for herself and you younger children, Sally and Pascoli Hartshorne Paret. To Mary Green, wife of John Green, $100 in testimony of my friendship for her; to Jane Kessley $25 for her faithful service. To wife Hannah 1/3 for life; balance to my children: Catherine, wife of Sylvestor Taylor, John, Mary, and Peter (by my first wife), Stephen, Hannah wife of John Cadmus, Sally Pascoli Hartshorne Paret (by second wife).

20: St. Paul's Church in New York City where Stephen Paret and his daughter Elsey (from his second marriage) are buried.

21: Last Will & Testament of Henry Lock in England dated January 14, 1826. (Henry Lock was Captain George Lock's paternal grandfather).

22: Last Will & Testament of George Lock in England dated August 2, 1826. (George Lock was the father of Captain George Lock).

23: In 1819, this land was being farmed by our ancestor, Robert Edwards (Captain George Lock's grandfather) at Toulton Farm, Parish of Kingston, County of Somerset. In 1826, George Lock (Captain Lock's father) was farming the land in West Bagborough, Somerset, England.

24: West Bagborough, Somerset, England Baptisms, 1830 to 1861. Shown are the May 5, 1831 baptisms of Henrietta Chorley Edwards Lock and Letitia Jane Chorley Edwards Lock. Both were Captain George Lock's sisters.

25: This letter written by Bishop William Paret on January 22, 1834 to his sister while away at school at South Farms, Ct. He was seven years old at the time.

26: This letter written by Bishop William Paret in the 1830's to his mother, probably while at school in South Farms, Ct. She kept this letter some 50 years and one day she surprised him by giving him the letter.

27: History of Jane Ann Bowness, daughter of John Bowness and Margaret Wallace (Bowness). John Bowness and Robert Bowness were brothers. Robert Bowness' granddaughter was Susan Bowness who married John Thomas Weeks. Page 1 of 2.

28: Page 2 of 2.

29: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island Firefighters, 1847. Shown is Joseph Weeks, grandson of Stephen Weeks and Dorothy Lucumber (Weeks). There is also a William Weeks listed but I am unable to determine which William he is.

30: Cover page of the book/poem that Bishop William Paret wrote to his first wife, Maria Green Peck (Paret), for their wedding. It is addressed to Miss Maria G. Peck from W.P., December 26, 1848. | St. George's Church in Flushing, New York where the Bishop and Maria Green Peck were married.

31: First page of the book/poem that Bishop William Paret wrote to his first wife, Maria Green Peck (Paret) for their wedding.

32: Listing of people who paid their Liquor License Duty in 1850. Shown is Joseph Weeks, grandson of Stephen Weeks and Dorothy Lucumber (Weeks). | Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island Firefighters, 1850. Shown is Joseph Weeks, grandson of Stephen Weeks and Dorothy Lucumber (Weeks).

33: Listing of Free Inhabitants living in New York, dated July 18, 1850. Listed are Peter Paret, his wife Jane Keesley (Paret) and their children. Listing also shows any other non-family members living with them. Peter was the son of Stephen Paret who came from France.

34: Document dated July 2, 1852 supporting the licensing of Rev. William Paret to preach the Gospel in the Church of God. Page 1 of 2.

35: Page 2 of 2.

36: Document dated June, 1853 shows Rev. William Paret being ordained as a Priest by Bishop William Delancey.

37: Document dated July 6, 1853 shows St. John's Church in Clyde, New York inviting Rev. William Paret to hereby officiate as Rector of the Church at a sum of $375.00 a year plus a stipend.

38: Letter dated October 13, 1854 discussing Rev. William Paret's resignation from St. John's Church in Clyde, New York. Page 1 of 2.

39: Page 2 of 2.

40: Letter dated October 19, 1854 from Bishop William Delancey to Rev. William Paret requesting a meeting and he refers to Pierrepont Manor in the letter. Page 1 of 2.

41: Page 2 of 2.

42: Map of the small village of Pierrepont, New York showing the Church and location of the home (Parsonage) where Bishop William Paret lived in the 1850's.

44: Sworn Affidavit dated March 8, 1855 by John Paret, Jr. for David Oakes. John was the son of John Paret and Hester Levi (Paret).

45: Document shows that on May 12, 1855 Bishop William Paret agreed to take St. Stephen's Church under his wing but the Church subsequently closed.

46: Letter dated August 10, 1855 asking Rev. William Paret to become Rector of Emmanuel Church in Adams, New York while he was Rector at Zion Church in Pierrepont, New York.

47: Obituary dated December 10, 1856 for the death of Henry Paret Dunkin, grandson of Rachel Levi (Dunkin). Rachel was Hester Levi's (Paret) sister.

48: Three page letter to Rev. William Paret dated August 31, 1858 from S. Ledyard Phelps inviting the Reverend to go on a fishing trip with him at Sachelle's Harbor.

49: Two obituary notices dated May 28, 1859 for Rachael Paret, daughter of John Paret and Hester Levi (Paret) who died in Frankfort, Kentucky.

50: Letter to Rev. William Paret dated July 21, 1859 from Bishop Henry Whitehouse. Rev. Paret had inquired about the town and the Church in Kewanee, IL and he is describing the area to him and if he ever has an inclination to move West, he would find a great deal to like.

51: Obituary notice dated August 5, 1859 for Issac Peck . Isaac was the father of Maria Green Peck (Paret), the Bishop's first wife.

52: Passport Application dated April 28, 1860 for Thomas Dunkin Paret. Thomas was Bishop William Paret's brother.

53: Listing of Free Inhabitants in New York dated June 11, 1860. Listed are Stephen Paret and his wife, Elizabeth and children. Stephen was the son of Peter Paret and grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

54: Listing of Free Inhabitants in New York dated July 2, 1860. Listed are Peter Paret, his wife Jane and children. Peter Paret was the grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

55: Obituary listing the death of Letitia Jane Chorley Edwards Lock, 1861. She was the sister of Captain George Lock.

56: Listing of Free Inhabitants in Lake Charles, La. dated July 4, 1860. Listed are Frederick Goos, his wife Josephine and their children. Frederick was the brother of Captain Daniel Goos.

57: Listing of Free Inhabitants in Lake Charles, La. dated September 27, 1860. Listed are Captain Daniel Goos, his wife Katarina and their children.

58: Document dated February 11, 1861 shows that Letitia Lock paid eight pounds due on all demands to the estate of the late Thomas Crocker. Letitia was the mother of Captain George Lock.

60: Page 2 of 2.

61: Letter dated September 02, 1862 and written by Captain George Lock to his Mother shortly after his arrival in the U. S. He was working at Ranch Bonita in Matamoros, Mexico. Page 1 of 6.

62: Page 2 of 6.

63: Page 3 of 6.

64: Page 4 of 6.

65: Page 5 of 6.

66: Page 6 of 6.

67: Letter dated May 8, 1862 written to Bishop William Paret from his mother, Hester Levi (Paret), while she was at the "Big House" in Bergen Point, N. J. | Interesting side note: John Paret and his son Henry owned lots on Kill Van Kull. Kill Van Kull is a straight between Staten Island, NY and Bayonne, NJ. Henry bought Lot one on April 30, 1857. John was conveyed the Church of the Reformed on October 24, 1853. In addition, he bought the SW 1/2 acre and some additional property. Upon his death, the SW corner he had bought was seized.

68: Civil War Enrollment List from 1861-1863. Listed is John Paret Magee. John was the son of Mary Paret (Magee) and grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

69: Letter dated January 19, 1863 to William Paret from Mr. Seymour, saying that he received his letter and shall be happy to promote Mr. ??Waight to any vacant place. Writing hard to read.

70: Article on William Henry Weeks, brother of Hammond Richard Franklin Weeks. Page 1 of 2.

71: Page 2 of 2.

72: Letter dated April 14, 1864 to Rev. William Paret from Bishop William Delancey. He is thanking him for his labors at the Church in Pierrepont, NY and Adams, NY. They discuss a vacant position but advises him to talk the matter over with Mr. Pierrepont and may God our Savior guide him to the right decision. Page 1 of 2.

73: Page 2 of 2.

74: Letter dated May 29, 1864 written by William Pierrepont accepting Reverend William Paret's resignation and wishing him well. Rev. William Paret rewrote the letter from Mr. Pierrepont's original.

75: Letter dated May 31, 1864 to Rev. William Paret from Bishop William Delancey in reference to a vacant position with a salary of $1,000.00 a year and to please write him back with his decision.

76: Letter dated June 1, 1864 to Rev. William Paret from C. A. Pierrepont stating how much he will be missed and how much he is loved and what a dear friend he is. He is wished well.

77: Letter dated July 10, 1864 to Rev. William Paret from Bishop William Delancey. Writing too hard to read.

78: U.S. Marines Roster Roll dated September 26, 1864 for Thomas Paret. Thomas was the son of Henry Paret and grandson of John Paret and Hester Levi (Paret).

81: Letter dated April 26, 1864 to Rev. William Paret from John J. Wheeler offering him the job as Rector of the Church in Saginaw, Michigan. Page 1 of 2.

82: Page 2 of 2.

83: Listing dated May, 1864 prepared by the New York Tax Assessor. Listing shows John Paret and his tax information.

84: Letter makes Rev. William Paret an offer of $1,500.00 a year salary if he accepts the position as Rector. | Letter dated June 13, 1864 written by the Rt. Rev. Sam Coskey to a Richard in regards to having work done on the Church and a copy to Rev. William Paret. Page 1 of 3.

85: Pages 2 and 3 of 3.

86: Another letter dated June, 1866 to Rev. William Paret from the Rt. Rev. Sam Coskey regretting the Reverend's absence and to take care of himself. Page 1 of 2. | Page 2 of 2.

87: Letter dated August 21, 1866 to Rev. William Paret offering him the job of Rector of Trinity Church in Elmira, New York. . Page 1 of 2.

88: Page 2 of 2.

89: Letter dated August 24, 1866 to a Mrs. Smith telling her of Rev. William Paret and of his background, education, etc. for the purpose of asking him to be Rector of their church (Trinity) in Elmira, New York with a salary of $1,800.00 a year. Page 1 of 4.

90: Page 2 of 4.

91: Page 3 of 4.

92: Page 4 of 4.

93: Certified copy of a resolution dated September 3, 1866 written by a clerk at Trinity Church, Elmira, New York, that Rev. William Paret has been appointed Rector over their Parish. Page 1 of 2.

94: Page 2 of 2.

95: Letter dated September 22, 1866 to Rev. William Paret. The author is expressing his regrets that Rev. Paret is leaving and hopes that occasionally he will think of him as one who loves and respects him.

96: Letter dated September 26, 1866 to Rev. William Paret warmly welcoming him to the Diocese.

97: 1866 Newspaper article on William H. Paret, son of Bishop William Paret and Maria Green Peck (Paret). He was living and working in Kansas City, Kansas.

98: Original document dated June 8, 1867 serving as the Letter of Institution for William Paret and granting him the License and Authority to serve as Priest of Trinity Church.

99: Certified copy dated July 10, 1867 verifying that Rev. William Paret of Trinity Church, Elmira, New York is an alumni of Hobart College and he will have the Doctor of Divinity confirmed on him.

100: Letter dated June 18, 1868 to Captain George Lock from his wife, Martha Ellen Goos (Lock). She expresses her loneliness and love for him. Page 1 of 2.

101: Page 2 of 2.

102: Letter dated April 2, 1869 to Rev. William Paret from James Damant offering him the Rectorship of the Parish at an annual salary of $2,000.00 a year. The Parish is in Williamsport, Pa.

105: List of Communicants for Christ Episcopal Church, 1869-1870, Williamsport, Pa. Listed are Maria Green Peck (Paret), Adaline Peck Paret and Ledyard Atwater. Adaline and Ledyard later married in 1871.

106: Research done by Dawn Ellis, a descendant of Robert Ellis. A descendant of Robert Ellis married Dorothy Lefurgey Weeks. Also listed are members of the Bowness and Weeks Families. Page 1 of 2.

107: Page 2 of 2.

108: Newspaper article dated July 23, 1874 listing passengers who sailed to Liverpool on the S. S. Cuba. Listed is T. Dunkin Paret. Thomas was the brother of Bishop William Paret.

109: Letter dated September 14, 1871 to Rev. William Paret from William Buehler discussing that a check is enclosed. Writing too hard to read.

110: Early pictures dated 1874 of Captain Goos' home, mill, shipyard and his lumber mill workers.

111: Passport application dated July 20, 1874 for Thomas Dunkin Paret. Thomas was the brother of Bishop Paret.

112: New York passenger list and photo dated September 30, 1874 of the ship S.S. Abyssinia (Cunard Lines) for Thomas Dunkin Paret. Thomas was the brother of Bishop William Paret. (The ship ran from 1870-1891.)

113: Article on the Tanite Company which was founded by Thomas Dunkin Paret. Thomas was the brother of Bishop William Paret.

114: Thomas Dunkin Paret, brother of Bishop William Paret, once lived in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania and owned the Tanite Company. This letter was written on his company stationery, probably by an employee.

115: Articles from Appleton's Cyclopedia and National Cyclopedia on Thomas Dunkin Paret. Thomas was the brother of Bishop William Paret.

116: Photo of "The Big Grinder" used at the Tanite Company.

117: The Convention was called to order. The article shows the listing of House Call of Clerical and Lay Deputies. Rev. William Paret of Central Pennsylvania is listed. Article is dated October 3, 1874.

118: This article dated November 3, 1874 is in regards to the closing of the Church Convention. It says the following: William Paret of Central Pennsylvania opposed the measure because it made changes in the Prayer Book easy. He also thought the lectionary of the Church was not patchwork, but was an entire and consistent system, and it ought not to be changed on such slight consideration as was now being given to the subject.

119: Thomas Dunkin Paret, brother of Bishop William Paret, once lived in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania and owned the Tanite Company. This letter was written on his company stationery, probably by an employee.

120: Schedule for Ash Wednesday at Christ Church, dated March 1, 1876, William Paret, Rector.

121: Letter to Rev. William Paret, D.D dated July 21, 1876. The writing is very hard to read but I believe the author is inviting Rev. William Paret to consider coming to the Church of Epiphany in Washington, D. C. Page 1 of 4.

122: Page 2 of 4.

123: Page 3 of 4.

124: Page 4 of 4.

125: Two page letter dated July 31, 1876 from Mr. Wm. Baldwin to Rev. William Paret asking him to preach a sermon at his Church by the first Sunday in September.

126: Two page letter dated August 9, 1876 from Mr. Wm. Baldwin offering Rev. William Paret the Rectorship of the Epiphany Parish.

127: Another two page letter from Mr. Wm. Baldwin, dated August 9, 1876, offering Rev. William Paret the Rectorship of the Epiphany Parish. It appears that Rev. Paret wrote the letter and Mr. Baldwin signed it.

128: Letter dated August 11, 1876 to Rev. William Paret from Ch. H. Hall encouraging him to take the post at the Church of Epiphany in D. C. Page 1 of 2.

129: Page 2 of 2.

130: Three page letter dated August 14, 1876 from Rev. William Paret to the Vestry of the Church of Epiphany stating that he needs more time to make his decision to leave his current Church and come there. He also tells him of his concern that only a majority of the vestrymen have voted their confidence and he would feel better if it were unanimous.

131: Two page letter dated August 22, 1876 to Rev. William Paret from a Mr. Wilson stating they had a special meeting of the vestry and a resolution was drawn to invite him to accept the Rectorship of the Parish with a salary of $5,000.00 per year.

132: Letter dated August 26, 1876 to Rev. William Paret from R. A. Lamberton in which he discusses Rev. Paret's resignation and how much he will be missed and may he be abundantly blessed.

133: Three page letter dated August 29, 1876 to Rev. William Paret from Rev. W. C. Severett congratulating him on his new field, wishing him the best and also expressing his regrets that they will be losing him.

134: Two page letter dated October 28, 1876 to Rev. William Paret from the Secretary of Christ Church discussing a meeting where they accepted his resignation and wish him well. | Two page letter dated October 6, 1876 to Rev. William Paret from Bishop William R. Whittingham welcoming him into his Diocese.

135: Will dated September 17, 1877 of Mary Paret (Magee), daughter of Stephen Paret who came from France. Page 1 of 3.

136: Page 2 of 3. | Page 3 of 3.

137: Advertisements for John Paret's store selling a Zero Coat, 1877.

138: Advertisements for John Paret's store selling a Zero Coat, 1877.

139: This document proves that the Paret store located at 374-378 Broadway was sold to Halstead, Haines & Company and subsequently burned. | Better copy not available.

140: Class of 1877,88 from Lehigh College listing Milnor Paret, Sr. son of Bishop William Paret. Note his address is in Williamsport, Pa. but in 1876 his father had already accepted work at the Epiphany Parish in Washington, D.C. One document below shows the Thesis of the graduating class. Milnor's thesis was titled "On the determination of Azimuths".

141: A letter dated May 1, 1878 and written by the Postmaster in Washington, D.C., per request of Bishop William Paret, requesting any information on the Paret family in France. Original letter was written to the Postmaster in France. This is the reply for the request of said information. Page 1 of 2.

142: Page 2 of 2.

143: Death Certificate of Elizabeth H. Paret, wife of Stephen W. Paret. Stephen was the grandson of Peter Paret and great-grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France. | Death Certificate of Stephen W. Paret. Stephen was the grandson of Peter Paret and great-grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France. | Original documents were of very poor quality and hard to read.

144: John Paret Newspaper Store Advertisements.

145: The following pages contain various newspaper articles on different Paret family members such as store advertisements, court summons, thefts, etc.

150: Official document dated January 8, 1880 showing the Consecration of William Paret as Rector of their Parish and the Church of the Epiphany by the presiding Bishop Lee.

151: Listing of Free Inhabitants in Michigan dated June 3, 1880. Listing shows Sylvester Taylor, Jr. and family. Sylvester was the grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

152: Listing of Free inhabitants in New Jersey dated June 8, 1880. Listing shows John Paret, Jr. and family. John was the son of John Paret and grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

153: Death Certificate for Stephen G. Paret, August 20, 1880. He was the son of Peter Paret and grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

154: Bills of Sale for goods purchased from John Paret's store on Broadway, September 4, 1870 and November 12, 1870.

156: Census for Prince Edward Island dated 1881. Listing shows Stephen J. Weeks and family. Stephen was the son of John Weeks and grandson of Stephen Weeks and Ann Lucumber (Weeks).

158: Funeral Service for Chief Justice Waite in the House of Representatives led by Bishop William Paret, Washington, D. C., March 23, 1881.

159: Two page letter dated April 9, 1881 written by Rev. William Paret to a Mrs. Hugh Mculloch telling her he will be happy to perform the confirmation of her daughter

160: Bill of Sale for goods purchased from John Paret's store on Broadway, October 6, 1881.

163: Passport application dated March 29, 1882 for Milnor P. Paret, Sr. He was the son of Bishop William Paret and great-grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

164: Entry in Milnor Peck Paret, Sr.'s diary. On the first page he wrote "En Voyage through Europe", August 29th - 82. Milnor and his father, Bishop William Paret, traveled through Europe together and he kept a diary/journal of the different places they went to.

165: Milnor Peck Paret, Sr.'s drawing and notes of the Church in Serilhac, France while researching the Paret history with his father, Bishop William Paret. | Transcription of Milnor's handwriting.

166: Another posting in Milnor Peck Paret's diary of his European trip with his father, Bishop William Paret, talking about the Dutch scenery. Note his drawing of trees.

167: New York passenger list and photo dated September 18, 1882. The ship is the S. S. Egypt that Bishop William Paret took to Liverpool, England.

176: Bill of Sale for goods purchased from John Paret's store on Broadway, November 7, 1883.

177: John Paret is closing down his stores and the article lists his debts. Note the family members that had borrowed from him. This portion of the article is enlarged for easier reading. | | |

179: 1884 meeting of the Arbor Society. Shown is Wm. Weeks of Queen Square, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.

180: Article on Captain Daniel Goos, he died May 19, 1884. Page 1 of 2.

181: Page 2 of 2.

182: Certificate dated October 30, 1884 of the election of Rev. William Paret, D. D. as Bishop of Maryland. Also, a Testimony from the Standing Committee on his appointment.

183: Document to the Standing Committee saying the Church is desirous of the Consecration of Rev. William Paret, D. D., Bishop Elect of the Diocese.

184: Several articles on Bishop Elect William Paret from newspapers in different states.

185: Three page hand-written letter to Bishop Alfred Lee from the Standing Committee from several states stating their consent of Bishop Elect William Paret to the Diocese.

186: Newspaper article in Baltimore, Maryland about the election of Bishop William Paret.

187: The following pages are articles on the Consecration of Rev. William Paret as Bishop of Maryland.

191: Excerpt from a book written by Hawley Smith, the title is FROM POST TO FINISH. The photo is a younger picture of the Bishop but he is referred to as the Bishop of Maryland. Date is approximately 1883-1884.

197: Death Notice dated March 24, 1886, Lake Charles, La. for Sarah Yates. She was Letitia Florence Lock's (Paret) governess from England.

198: Newspaper article on unclaimed funds in the Mechanics Bank, Brooklyn, New York. Listed is John Paret with a balance of $66.31. John was the son of Stephen Paret who came from France.

199: Letter dated April 2, 1886 to Rev. Leakin requesting the number of confirmed at Bayview.

200: New York passenger list and photo dated June 21, 1886 of the S. S. Servia. Listed is Thomas Dunkin Paret, brother of Bishop William Paret.

201: Diploma dated July, 1886 for William Paret, D. D. from Hobart College in New York.

202: Article dated November 28, 1886 on the deposition of Rev. George W. Brown by Bishop William Paret. | Obituary dated October 6, 1887 on Rufus Story. Rufus was the father of Emily Story (Paret), wife of John Paret, Jr. Rufus owned a large amount of land in New York & NJ. Photo below is of his mansion called LaTourette.

203: New York passenger list dated 1887 for the S. S. Altai. Listed is Bishop William Paret and his daughter Adelia Vassar Paret. (No photo of the ship available.)

204: Social Register and Class of 1888, Princeton University. Listed are Ursula, Eleanor and Walter Paret. All three are the children of John Paret, Jr. and Emily Story (Paret). John was the grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

205: Letter dated Jun4, 1888 and Special Passport on the next page for Bishop William Paret while traveling abroad.

206: Special Passport for Bishop William Paret.

207: Newspaper article dated June 9, 1888 featuring commencement exercises with a piano solo by Miss Mary Paret. I believe this is Mary Eliza Paret, daughter of John Paret and Hester Levi (Paret).

208: New York passenger list and photo dated August 27, 1888 of the S. S. Etruvia. Listed is Caroline Magee and her father Charles Magee. Caroline was the granddaughter of Mary Paret (Magee).

209: New York Passenger List and photo dated October 26, 1888 of the S. S. Lahn. Listed is Bishop William Paret and wife Maria Green Peck (Paret). The ship was returning from Bremen, Germany, Genoa and Naples, Italy.

210: Newspaper article dated Octobern 27, 1888 announces the return of the S. S. Lahn and passengers noted were Dr. William Paret.

211: Signature dated February 14, 1889 by Elizabeth Anne Chorley Edwards (Knight). Elizabeth was the sister of Captain George Lock.

212: Birth Certificate dated March 19, 1889 for Hiram Wilbert Paret. Hiram was the great-grandson of Peter Paret. Peter was the son of Stephen Paret who came from France.

213: Lena Law's marriage to William Wilkins in April, 1889, Kingston by Taunton, Somerset, England. Lena was the daughter of Henrietta Chorley Edwards (Lock). Captain George Lock was her uncle.

214: Newspaper articles on Bishop William Paret.

216: Document filled out by Bishop William Paret so the information can be preserved in the Maryland Historical Society.

217: New York Passenger listing and photo dated June 6, 1891 of the S. S. Allianca. Listed is Bishop William Paret. The ship is returning from Barbados & St. Thomas, West Indies and Brazil.

218: Letter dated July 12, 1891 to Bishop William Paret from Morris Fuller, B. D., Vicar of St. Marks's Vicarage, asking him to come and preach at his Church when convenient. The Vicarage was located on Marylebone Street, London, England.

220: 1892 Academical List from Yale University. Listed is Walter Palmer Paret. Walter was the son of John Paret, Jr. and Emily Story (Paret). John was the grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

221: Farewell Letter dated February 7, 1892 written by Rev. William Kirkus in which he writes with great affection towards Bishop William Paret and what a great friend he is.

222: The following pages will contain copies of correspondence between Bishop William Paret and Rev. George A. Leakin, D. D. The Bishop is trying to gather up all papers related to the Diocese into one concentrated area. (The author obtained copies from the Maryland Historical Society.)

223: Might be missing first page but this is all that I received from the Society.

226: New York passenger list and photo dated July 18, 1892 of the S. S. Mohawk which was traveling to London. Listed is Bishop William Paret.

227: Newspaper article dated September 10, 1893 celebrating the Capitol being 100 years old. Bishop William Paret was to lead the prayer.

231: Letter dated April 28, 1894 from Bishop William Paret to President J. C. Welling, Corcoran Gallery, stating that he would be able to lay the cornerstone.

232: Two letters both dated April 28, 1894 from Bishop William Paret to President J., C. Welling, Corcoran Gallery, discussing the details of the laying of the cornerstone.

233: The following document is the history of Corcoran Gallery. Bishop William Paret is mentioned several times. Page 1 of 9.

234: Page 2 of 9.

235: Page 3 of 9.

236: Page 4 of 9.

237: Page 5 of 9.

238: Page 6 of 9.

239: Page 7 of 9.

240: Page 8 of 9.

241: Page 9 of 9.

242: Newspaper article dated June 24, 1894 on George D. Hamlin. The article states that he was once employed by Henry and John Paret, Clothiers for 3 years as a Clerk.

243: Passport Application dated January 22, 1895 for Rufus Story Paret. Rufus was the son of John Paret, Jr. and Emily Story (Paret).

244: Newspaper article dated March 12, 1895. Bishop William Paret was on the committee to revise the Episcopal Church Constitution.

245: Pages 1 and 2 of 4.

246: Pages 3 and 4 of 4.

248: Newspaper article dated February 2, 1896 about a letter sent to President Cleveland on the protection of the Armenians. Bishop William Paret is part of a list of awaiting signatures.

251: Newspaper article datedMarch 22, 1896 concerning the creation of a new Diocese in large part due to Bishop William Paret. | Newspaper article dated March 22, 1896 dealing with the Consecration of a new Bishop assisted by Bishop William Paret.

252: Four page letter dated March 28, 1896 from Thomas S. Yocum to Bishop William Paret. He talks about his dearest friend Phillip Brooks from Seminary School. Phillip told Thomas why his favorite Bishop was Bishop William Paret.

253: Obituary dated May 23, 1896 for John Arthur Simpson, Letitia Florence Lock's (Paret) first husband.

254: Newspaper article dated April 8, 1896 on the marriage of Henry Wilbur Paret to Hannah Bedford Booth. Henry was the son of John Paret, Jr. and Emily Story (Paret). John was the grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

255: Senior Class Officers at Yale University, Class of 1896. Listed is Walter Palmer Paret. Walter was the son of John Paret, Jr. and Emily Story (Paret). John was the grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

256: Junior Society at Yale University, Class of 1896. Listed is Walter Palmer Paret. Walter was the son of John Paret , Jr. and Emily Story (Paret). John was the grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

257: The National Cyclopedia of American Biography dated 1896 featuring Bishop William Paret and his brother, Thoma Dunkin Paret.

258: The National Cyclopedia of American Biography dated 1896 featuring Bishop William Paret and his brother, Thomas Dunkin Paret.

265: Bishop William Paret attended two conferences at Lambeth Palace, London, England.

267: Four page letter dated July 7, 1897 from Elizabeth Horwood (Seymour Lodge, Southfield, Wandsworth, London, West) to Bishop William Paret telling him they will be very glad to see him and talk of his accommodations and having dinner.

268: Three page letter dated July 16, 1897 from E. Roosejous to Bishop William Paret asking him to preach at his Church, St. Lukes, while in England. See photo below.

269: Newspaper article dated October 24, 1897 referencing Reminiscences of the Lambeth Conference.

272: March 3, 1898

276: New York passenger list & photo dated June 18, 1898 for the S. S. Kensington, New York to South Hampton England. Listed is J. Parmly Paret. J. Parmly was the son of Peter Paret and Anna Parmly (Paret) and grandson of John Paret and Hester Levi (Paret).

277: Bishops taking part in the service at St. Pauls January 9th. Photo is either 1898 or 1900, not sure.

280: Obituary notice dated April 26, 1899 for Mary Eliza Paret, daughter of John Paret and Hester Levi (Paret). | Obituary notice dated June 8, 1899 for Rufus Story Paret. Rufus was the son of John Paret, Jr. and Emily Story (Paret). John was the grandson of Stephen Paret who came from France.

281: Photo dated in the late 1890's is of the "Dummy" rail car. Read caption below, noting the home on the far left was bought by Captain Lock.

282: Article dated November 14, 1899 talking about the home pictured below and how Francis Adolf Paret is interested in it. The home was the Brooklyn Orphan Asylum. Francis was the grandson of Peter Paret and Jane Keesley (Paret).

283: There will be a Book Four to follow which will contain the same type of information . It will be for the years 1900 through present.

Sizes: mini|medium|large|massive
Irene Lord
  • By: Irene L.
  • Joined: over 5 years ago
  • Published Mixbooks: 7
No contributors

About This Mixbook

  • Title: Genealogy Documents III
  • This is a copy of my compiled documents and letters during my genealogy research for my father's side of the family.
  • Tags: None
  • Published: over 4 years ago

Get up to 50% off
Your first order

Get up to 50% off
Your first order