Up to 50% Off! 50% Off Bestsellers + More! Code: MERRY19 Ends: 12/9 Details

  1. Help
Up to 50% Off! 50% Off Bestsellers + More! Code: MERRY19 Ends: 12/9 Details

The Jesus Ministry

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

The Jesus Ministry - Page Text Content

S: THE Jesus Ministry

BC: Acts 1:8

FC: First Baptist Church Madisonville, TN Reaching people through meeting needs. | THE JESUS MINISTRY

1: "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

2: The Jesus Ministry at First Baptist Church, Madisonville fits into my Jerusalem. The Jesus Ministry began as a food pantry and later became a full-blown ministry by not only meeting the physical needs of people in Monroe County, but also by meeting the spiritual needs through prayer and worship.

4: People come as early at 5am to wait in line for food. The doors open at 9:30 and when asked why they come so early.....they like the fellowship.

5: FBC Jesus Ministry serves 185 people. Each week the numbers vary from 50 - 110. They each have a card with personal information and prayer needs.

6: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40 | This was a special holiday celebration for the 4th of July and this worker is handing out book markers that say "God Bless America" with scripture attached.

7: The Jesus Ministry is from 9:30 - 10:30 every Saturday. They receive their food from the 2nd Harvest Food Bank. They have 1 on 1 prayer time. Once a month preaching. Special holiday services. | 15-20 people work at the Jesus Ministry on a volunteer basis. Prayer needs: Continued provision for food. Pray for the needs of the people that come for food. Pray for the salvation of those that come for food.

8: The people that come receive milk, bread, and staples. | The Jesus Ministry has 4 weekly leaders. 60% of the people that come have come for years. The other 40% come to receive temporary help and then move on to find jobs and other opportunities to provide for their families. | Penny

9: The milk is purchased by the FBC and the breads are provided by a church in Englewood at no cost to FBC. | Donna was reluctant to let me take her picture!

10: A family is pieced together with hope and faith. A family is quilted and bound with love and grace.

Sizes: mini|medium|large|gargantuous
Default User
  • By: Julia R.
  • Joined: over 9 years ago
  • Published Mixbooks: 1
No contributors

About This Mixbook

  • Title: The Jesus Ministry
  • Tags: None
  • Published: over 9 years ago