Up to 50% + 10% Off! Enjoy up to 50% Off + 10% Off! Code: NOEL19 Ends: 12/15 Details

  1. Help
Up to 50% + 10% Off! Enjoy up to 50% Off + 10% Off! Code: NOEL19 Ends: 12/15 Details

Yvonne Family Album

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Yvonne Family Album - Page Text Content

S: Bozonier - St. Amant Family Album

BC: Dedicated in Loving Memory of my dearest Mother, Charmaine Marie (Bozonier) Bessette, the eldest of 7 children Edwin, Jr. & Myrtle Bozonier had together. May this book SPARK curiousity and the motivation to EXPLORE further. Yvonne Marie Evans

FC: St. Amant -Bozonier Family Album

1: Henri Bozonier (Ed Senior's Father) Born in 1853 - Married to Georgette Keller

2: Edwin P. Bozonier, Sr. - Married to Anita Ruben | 1924 | 1928

3: "To Vivian from brother (in-law) Ed" San Fransisco 1917

4: Anita Ruben Bozonier

5: Annie (Chase) & Isidor "John" St. Amant Parents of Myrtle Mary St. Amant Circa 1925

7: James "Russel" St. Amant, Myrtle's younger brothers (on the right).

8: Big brother Mac

9: Matilda "Mattie" St. Amant Myrtle's younger sister

10: Una (left), Myrtle (middle) & Mattie (right) Feb 1939 | "Three Swell Sisters"

11: Una andMattie wearing prom dresses sewn by sister Myrtle

12: Myrtle at 16

13: Auntie "Do" & Adolph Bozonier (Ed's big brother & wife)

15: Seeing Charmaine for the first time at 7 weeks old 1944

20: Royal Street | Court of Two Sisters - Ed and Mrytle's first date!

22: Eulogy for Myrtle Mary Bozonier by Edwin Bozonier A Eulogy For Your Mother June 8th 2003 I am going to share, what in later years, she would often refer to as those four wonderful, magical, nights! That took place in New Orleans during the summer of 1938, over 65 years ago. The first night was an arranged "blind date" by my then host and sponsor, my cousin. She entered the room as he was introducing me to her lovely mother, her three very pretty sisters and three unfriendly brothers. I turned and there she stood! Wearing this white, silky, summer dress! She looked simply gorgeous! I became dumbfounded and I began to feel like a little lost boy! I don't recall if I said goodbye to her family. I don't remember leaving the house! It was a little later, while we were standing on the corner, waiting for a trolley car, that I was able to utter, "Er-where could we go to have a nice dinner?" She sort of laughed and in the melting Southern accent, replied "I think you'd like the French Quarter." And when we arrived, I quickly quickly knew that I loved it! It was full of singing and dancing tourists! little kids were tap dancing on every street corner for coins! Street musicians were everywhere, playing Dixie Land Jazz! Pretty girls were waiving from balconies above. I started to wave back, until she told me that "they were working girls" waving to men, because they were looking for customers! So we quickly moved on.

23: A little later I couldn't help but notice that as men were passing us they were openly flitting with her. But she kept her eyes straight ahead, not looking at any of them! Now the expression hadn't been coined then but if it had been I wold have proudly said "Eat your hearts our boys she's with me!" This all continued - the music, the dancing; coal oil lamps that took the place of street lights, the smell of Southern food coming from the cafes. Then we reached the spot she had recommended. "The Court of Two Sisters." We went in to discover the most romantic looking place one could ever hope to find! The tables were candle lit and a piano player was singing French love songs. They quickly took us to a nice corner table for two. And in an instant a Creole speaking waiter came over. poured us two glasses of wine (even though we were under age) left the menus and said "take your time." I made some sort of a toast (the fist one that I'd ever made) and then we just relaxed and sat holding hands and tried to look older than we really were! It was all so perfect. The room, the service., the dinner and the slow pace between each course giving you time to enjoy everything! I would have sat there for hours listening to the music and hearing her mellifluous voice! But, the waiter came over, cleared his throat and asked would we care to order anything else? Taking the hint we got up to leave, but wanting to make the night as long as possible. I asked her, "Could we just walk home?" She said "Wonderful," so, off we went, through the crowds, the music and those "working girls." Then up Canal Street, left on Bourbon Street and began following following the trolley car tracks home. A few block later we came to this large grove of very old magnolia trees, dripping with

24: Spanish moss. They were so tall and wide with branches which covered the sidewalks, which formed a tunnel like passage; It looked dark and sort of spooky. So, in we went holding hands and laughing until I yelled "There is a big monster chasing us!" We ran and screamed until we got to the other end, dropped to our knees and doubled up with delight, Then our eyes met and we kissed! A few minutes later the air began to smell sweet, and I noticed hoards of tiny flying insects, all lit up with flickering lights! They seemed to be attacking the trees that lined the sidewalks! She informed me that they were Fire Flies, going wild over the perfumed aroma coming from those crepe myrtle blossoms! (How ironic, I thought) Then she suggested in order to get safely by we'd better walk in the middle of the street. "Wow!" I said "What's next?" It was then that she mentioned we were only a couple of minutes away from her house. So thinking about more kisses, I quickened the pace. But when we arrived, there they were! Looking like thee ornery pit bulls. They didn't say hello, they didn't smile, and they just stared. She squeezed my hand and said "sorry." I quickly asked if we could go out again and the next night, she said "yes, and it was a real wonderful evening" and went in! Then i heard one of them snicker, so trying to hide my big disappointment, I sort of swaggered down the steps and continued to do so, until I turned the corner, out of sight! And started to jog back pass those crepe myrtles and hungry fire flies (so much for irony) Then through the long

25: tunnel and an off into the direction of my cousin's house. But in spite of it all it had been an enchanted evening! Our second night was even more so! She called earlier that day, to tell me about this park, that has a large swimming pool and then afterwards, there would be live music at a bandstand, where we could dance! And all of this was just around the corner from her house! Now even though, I couldn't dance ans she didn't know how to swim, we went and had a fantastic time! We just splashed and played. I taught her how to float, I showed off by doing a fast length of the pool, then tried to swim underwater, all the way back (but pooped out). Then we heard the music playing, so we quickly got dressed and headed for the bandstand! I didn't do a good job, stepped all over her feet, but we stayed until closing and I did get better as the night went on! But we headed home and with every step of the way I'm praying that the three sentries would be off duty! When we arrived the house was all dark, the porch was clear! So we sat on this nice porch swing, talked about "us" then we kissed, then again and again with each kiss getting longer! When all of a sudden, she stood up, saying that she'd better go in and she was gone! Good God! Those nuns, really brain washed these girls! So in lieu of a cold shower, I once again jogged back through the crepe myrtles and the fire flies and etc, etc! But the kisses were terrific and I had beaten the brothers . Life was grand.

26: Our third night found us hardly able to wait until it was time to get back to "our" park. We again went swimming I gave her another swim lesson and I showed off my one and only good dive! She wildly applauded so I threw caution to the wind climbed up to the twelve foot board and did a singe back flip, but landing flat on my back instead! When I finally rose to the surface she gave me a big double thumbs up. Trying not to show pain I quickly suggested that we dress and head for the bandstand. Back then during the music of the 30"s the songs told stories - even the titles were grand, like, "I'm going to sit right down and write myself a letter" or "With my eyes wide open I'm dreaming." Then there was "Why not take all of me?" . "I found a million dollar baby in the five and ten cent store." That old standby "Stardust" and for the very first time, we heard and danced to what was later to become a classic "Charmaine." - Our fourth and final night! - My cousin in our honor, invited all of her family, all of his and my kinfolks, none of which I had met. Some 75 people to this wonderful backyard barbecue. The place was beautifully decorated, Balloons, lamps, long red clothed tables, a stripped tent for a real gypsy fortune teller. A booth for the artist who drew caricatures of everybody. A belly dancer, plus a three piece Dixie Jazz Band! The food was catered, delicious and never stopped coming! Several hours and three large kegs of beer later the bad began to mellow

27: out with slow dreamy tunes. We were down to our last hour, we held each other tightly as we danced and tied to talk about our future. (Never dreaming it would be three long years, before we'd see each other again!) Then relatives began to come over and in that wonderful down south way saying "Y'all come back now u hear." Then her family came up, her mother and sisters hugged and kissed me goodbye; while her brothers didn't say "Y''all come back" they did shake my hands and wished me good luck, then headed for their cars. So with damp cheeks she and I kissed goodbye and they were gone! Early the next morning, my cousin took me to the station. During the ride I thanked and thanked him again, for giving me the time of my young life, but most of all for arranging my blind date. Because he had made it possible for me to meet and fall in love with this beautiful and wonderful girl! After a four days on a hot dusty train ride, I got home to find her first letter waiting for me! And so it started, a letter each day, from the both of us, we wrote daily for 3 years. Regardless of the circumstances, we never missed! We wrote about our hopes, dreams, secrets, passions, ideologies, everything that came to our minds! We even set out wedding date. December 6th 1941, the day before the world went mad! I soon learned that he letters were much more interesting than mine! She was so well read, reading at least one non-fiction book each week. Her thirst for knowledge was boundless. And here I was trying to keep up with a Valedictorian! I became a regular at the public library, looking

28: through books about the humanities, philosophy, mathematics, Catholicism, the classics, Shakespeare, plus every poet that she would mention. Now with all of her reading and writing a letter each and every day, she also worked full time for the Untied States Severe Weather Bureau. Well I've said it all - I've tried to share a part of her, that only she and I know. And if I were to ask I'm sure you would agree - Wasn't she wonderful? In closing I'm going to read a verse from one of her favorite poets - It's a bit deep and a little dark, but I know, she would like it!

29: Comes softly rattling down, I end not far from my going forth By picking the faded blue Of the last remaining aster flower To carry again to you. - Robert Frost | A Late Walk When I go up though the mowing field, The headless aftermath, Smooth-laid like thatch with the heavy dew, Half closes the garden path. And when I come to the garden ground, The whir of sober birds Up from the tangle of withered weeds Is sadder than any words. A tree beside the wall stands bare, But a leaf that lingered brown, Disturbed, I doubt not, by my thought,

30: Edwin Peter Bozonier Born July 3rd, 1920 Died April 5th, 2005 Our Father... Our father was a man of simple beginnings and modest means. He worked hard nearly every day of his life. He once told me that his first job was selling newspapers on the street corner at five years of age. His father has passed away when he was five and I imagine little Eddie in short pants on a dusty street corner in Oakland making his first nickel. It would have been 1925. In 1925 there were many more horses than cars, nearly all transcontinental travel was over land by car, bus or train. Radio was the dominant form of entertainment. Movies were in black and white and silent. Babe Ruth was in his prime. Braque and Picasso were creating their best work together. A brand mew Ford Model T cost $295. Dad''s life spanned the greatest period of historic events and changes the world has ever known. He grew up mostly on his

31: own as his only brother, Adolphe, was 10 years his senior and very much living on his own separate life as big brothers often do. His mother was busy as a young widow trying to keep a roof over their heads during the Great Depression. Young Eddie, as he was often quick to tell you, was very good at sports, and not too fond of school. He played football and baseball in high school ans as a youngster swam in San Fransisco Bay. When he was 18, he traveled to New Orleans to visit cousins. It was a four day train ride in those days. There he met our mother Myrtle. Dad wrote his own recollections of the germination of their love story, and it is included directly before this biography. Myrtle and Edwin were married on December 6th, 1942 just one day before Pearl Harbor. Ed was drafted into the army. The story goes that when they asked for soldiers who could ski to step forward, Ed stepped forward so he could stay with his friends he had made in boot camp. The truth was he had never skied before. The was sort of a recurring theme in our father's life. He was the type to say he could do just about anything, trusting on his physical abilities and natural talent to pull him through even tho toughest situations.

32: He ended up being assigned to the 10th Mountain division. The 10th Mountain division was intended to be staffed with mountain men, skiers, mule skinners, and woodsmen. City boys from sunny California weren't really what the Army had in mind when outfitting this division. It would be the 10 Mountain's assignment to traverse the Alps with 94lb backpacks and survive -30 degree weather while fighting Nazis who grew up in the very mountains they were defending. His regiment of the 10th Mountain suffered heavy shelling from the Germans, brutal weather conditions and some ill advised leadership. Yet somehow Dad survived the war without a single injury. He said men died to his immediate right and left on several occasions. He along with 100's of thousands of other GI's served their country without ever really considering any other option. His country needed him and Dad along with seemingly every other able-bodied man near his age went to war. In later years he only described the events in vague terms but his

33: great pride was evident in his role in the largest event in human history. He had truly accomplished something few could ever imagine. Later after the war he held many jobs. He delivered batteries from a truck. He sold Blue Chip Stamps. He worked for the California Youth Authority as a camp director and he managed country clubs. He had a tremendous work ethic. He gave this to his children and they turned it into theirs. To this day no descendant of Edwin Bozonier has ever been out of work. On Earth... As the child of someone so dynamic as Ed there is a tendency to remember those highly visible events over those less frequent and poignant moments that really meant the most to a young person growing up. My own personal memories of Ed that I closely held were few but had a profound impact on my life. They were simple lessons that said very much about who he was and the

34: generation he was part of. I will share one particular memory here in hopes that it will bring out the special secret memories which my sisters have of our father so that we might share them with each other. I was in 2nd grade and had come down with a fever while at school. Our family was living in Agoura at the time and I attended Brookside Elementary. I was so sick that I was coming in and out of consciousness. I remember one moment I was laying on a cot in the nurses office covered with one of those old gray wool blankets that were very stiff and very itchy. The next time I woke up it was as Dad was carrying me out of the school in his arms. I remember being amazed at how effortlessly he carried me. I recall looking up at him and feeling saved and redeemed. I had an overwhelming feeling of trust and gratefulness for him. I fell back asleep before we even reached the car. It is his strength and redemption that I will remember most. He could be counted on to save you if you needed him and there isn't anyone or anything that could stop him from being there for you. In his later years he had occasion to call me for help late at night

35: when I lived the closest to him. I never told him the reason that his call for help meant so much to me was that he was always there for me and I finally had a chance to be there for him. I would have to say that he lived in the moment. He was a contemporary person even though he was born 30 years before television. He knew what was going on around him. He saw the big picture. He loved his family. He cared about doing things the right way. There will never be another one like him. He was the other bookend to our lives. He along with our Mom formed our range of reference for every experience we would ever need direction on. The world was a better place because of him. I miss him already. Written by: Charles V. Bozonier, son of Myrtle & Ed.

36: Charles Victor Bozonier | Children of Ed and Myrtle Bozonier... | Leah,Claire & Sylvia | Front- Cynthia, Val Back- Claire, Sylvia, Charmaine, Leah

37: Cynthia Bozonier 11/30/1948 - 5/22/1998 | Charmaine (Bozonier) Bessette 09/26/1944 - 12/17/1997 | Front- Cynthia & Val Back- Claire, Sylvia, Charmaine, Leah | Leah & Charmaine

38: Mother | Grand Mother | Grand Father | Great Grand Father | Great Grand Mother | Great Grand Mother | Annie Chase | **Marie E. Porche | **John N. Chase | Myrtle Mary St. Amant b.New Orleans 1/8/1919-6/7/2003 | Isidor "John" St. Amant | Bertha St. Amant b. 12/1854 mixed creole | Josef St. Amant b. 1/1853 mixed creole Great Grand Father | ** Denotes questionable source (Baby book written by Myrtle) All other data gathered from the U.S. Census or Marriage/Death Certificates via Ancestry.com

39: Father | Grand Mother | Grand Father | Georgette Keller b. LA.-1854-11/23/1897 Mixed Creole Great Grand Motther | Edwin P. Bozonier b. Alameda,Cal. 6/3/1920-4/5/2005 | **Anita Ruben b. LA-mixed Creole 7/29/1896-9/8/1969 | Edwin P. Bozonier, Sr. b. New Orleans-Mixed creole 1/3/1885 | Henri Bozonier b. New Orl 1853 GreatGrand father | Octavie Cantrelle b.1821-1891 Great,great, grand mother | Antioine Charles Bozonier-Marmillion b. New Orl 1816-1851 Great,great,grand father

40: Father | Great, Great, Great Grand Mother | Great, Great,Great Grand Father b. New Orleans 1767-1833 | Great, Great,Great,Great Grand Mother | Edwin Bozonier | Adelaida Gauntier b. New Orleans | Antoine Joseph Bozonier-Marmillion | Laurencia Gauchet | b.Montm_lian Savoie, France 1732-1808 died: New Orleans | Bozonier Family Tree Continuation... | Antoine-Julien Bosonier-Marmillion Great, Great, Great Great Grand Father b.Orpierre, hautes Dauphin, France married: 1751 died: new Orleans

41: Like branches on a tree, our lives may grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.

Sizes: mini|medium|large|huge
Hope Weed
  • By: Hope W.
  • Joined: about 9 years ago
  • Published Mixbooks: 2
No contributors

About This Mixbook

  • Title: Yvonne Family Album
  • Tags: None
  • Published: about 9 years ago