Get up to 50% Off + MORE! Code: MML18 Ends: 5/28 Details

  1. Help
Get up to 50% Off + MORE! Code: MML18 Ends: 5/28 Details

There is purpose in everything. find joy in the journey.

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

There is purpose in everything. find joy in the journey. - Page Text Content

S: There is purpose in Everything. Find Joy in the Journey. December 2010 - November 2011

BC: "A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous."

1: What a year! How do I begin? There have been so many ups and downs, so many firsts, so many hopes, and so many testimony building experiences! We have felt more love than we could have imagined and I am grateful to have experienced it all with Keven. The first couple months were normal: Nothing too big; work, school, having fun with friends and family. Then March 18th, I went to work and was told that my position was being eliminated. This meant that I was being laid off. Again? Really? That’s the 3rd time being laid off between me and Kev in the last 4 years. I remember calling Kev on my way home and this time was different. We weren’t scared. We weren’t nervous. It has ALWAYS worked out. Would you believe that 5 days before that, I got off birth control because we felt it was right to get pregnant? Who would have thought that 5 days after, I would have lost my job, the job that had our health insurance? How is it possible that we weren’t even the slightest nervous? We kept saying to each other, “well, it worked out before. We are living our life right; the Lord has to bless us. There is purpose to this. At least we have each other.” Little did we know what was in store for us! The following day, March 19th, started out as a normal day. Kev came home early from work and we went to our friend, AJ and Jenna’s, parent’s house to watch the BYU vs. Gonzaga game. After the game, we went to AJ’s friend’s body building competition and were going to go out to eat afterwards. However, we never made it there. We were there for about 5 minutes and then our lives changed. We were in the back and AJ leaned to Jenna and said that he wasn’t feeling good. Then his body changed. Luckily there were cops, EMT’s, and doctors there that immediately started CPR. He had no pulse. Kev was with AJ and I took Jenna outside. When the ambulance came to take AJ to the ER, me, Kev and Jenna got in the car and followed them to the ER. I never thought that we would ever have to make that call. But we did. We called all the family to tell them to get to the ER right away. We got there, talked to multiple doctors and saw them giving CPR on AJ to try to bring him back. They did CPR for 90 minutes. During CPR, Kev, Don (AJ’s dad) and Jeremy (AJ’s coworker) gave AJ a priesthood blessing. I was with Jenna during that time, but hearing from Kev afterwards, the experience was unreal and I know that the veil was so thin during that time. At 11:10 pm, Sat. night, they called it. It was something that I can’t describe. The whole night, Kev and I had to be strong. We couldn’t let Jenna or any of the family see us break down. We all gathered around AJ when the doctor’s left. Don, AJ’s dad, bore his testimony and love for AJ. We all sung “I am a Child of God.” We all felt him there. Kev and I left to go pick up his truck at the high school and that’s when we lost it. How could this have happened? Minutes before we were laughing and running and being our goofy selves. We brought his truck back and called our bishop and some close friends that were in our ward. We left the hospital around 2am Sunday morning. We went to bed, not wanting to wake up. Every time we woke up, we just held each other and cried, and then fell back to sleep. I always feared of losing Kev and to see it happen so close to me was something I would never hope to happen to anyone. My Jenna, AJ’s wife of 11 months, was now a widow. I can’t even imagine. That Sunday was challenging for us, I can’t imagine what it was like for Jenna and his family. Monday, Kev had work and I went to AJ’s parents to try helping with funeral arrangements. Now, it made sense. Why was I laid off? We knew there was purpose, and this was definitely part of the plan. Tuesday, we went to their condo to pick up AJ’s temple clothes and anything Jenna needed. It was surreal. I thought it would be painful to walk in there, but it wasn’t. There was a peace there, happiness, blissful memories. Wednesday was the funeral and viewing. It was overwhelming, but it was amazing to see the hope that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings. This is what this life is about. Although there have been multiple days that we long for our dear friend and miss him so much, we know that if we live worthily, we will be blessed with his spirit again. He taught us so much in the short time we knew him and continues to teach us as he is on the other side. It’s amazing to think the kind of work that he is doing right now. I am grateful that we were there with Jenna. Although, I would never hope for anyone to go through this, I am grateful that our Heavenly Father showed us His tender mercies during this trial. He loves us and he hurts when we hurt, but we know that we will be blessed far more than we can imagine. It’s an amazing thing and it’s all because of the Atonement of our Savior. We believe we were friends with AJ and Jenna before this life. We had only been friends for 6 short months before this happened, but we know we were put into Salt Lake for a reason and that we will forever be changed for the better. I never want to take anything for granted and enjoy every moment I have and every relationship I have. “No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. It is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation that we gain the education that we come here to acquire.” I’m grateful for this knowledge. About a month later, another life changing experience happened. We became pregnant! We never thought that it would happen the first time around, but it did and we couldn’t have been happier! We were so shocked and felt so blessed for this opportunity and trust that our Heavenly Father has given us. The time has flown by and she will be here in a few short weeks! The pregnancy has been amazing! We have also moved from Salt Lake City to Pleasant Grove to be closer to work. Kev and I started new jobs and have felt His hand in all we do. It has been a crazy year, but we feel blessed to have the knowledge that we do and to have each other. Our love for each other has grown far more than I could have imagined and I am looking forward to spending forever with each other. The Gospel of Jesus Christ teaches so much; we’re grateful to have it in our lives so that we may teach our children all that it continues to teach us. Here’s to another amazing and challenging year!

2: Dear Love, Another year has flown by! I still can’t believe all that has happened in our lives and I can’t imagine experiencing any of this without you. I’m so grateful for your patience and example to me. I fall harder for you every day and I am so honored that you have chosen me to be with for eternity. Each year gets better and better and I know that we will continue to grow. This past year especially, we have experienced some things that I never thought we would have. Although those times were very challenging, I am grateful that I have had you to lean on and to help overcome these challenges. I’ve learned and I feel like my testimony of the Gospel and of the Atonement of Jesus Christ has increased so much. I know a lot of it has to do with your wise words and faith. In a few short weeks, if not sooner, we will be blessed with a beautiful baby girl. I have loved every minute of seeing you with her (or with my belly). I love how you touch her and play with her already. I love how you talk about her and to her. I love how you imagine what it would be like to hold her, to kiss her, to play in the water with her. It’s going to be an amazing thing to see and I am so looking forward to it. I love seeing how much you care about making her comfortable and spending so much detail and time in sewing her baby bedding. She is one lucky girl to have a daddy like you. I have been blessed to have you as a husband and as my very best friend. I feel so fortunate to have you and I hope that I can be the kind of person that you have been to me. I love you with all my heart and look forward to another amazing year of growing and loving each other even more.if that’s even possible. Forever yours, Jess

3: Dear Jess, I feel like I am about to tell you and portray my life to you with words that I have used before. As you know I dislike repetition, but if I say I am lucky to have you over and over again, that must be a great phrase especially when I really mean it. They are not just words which makes this kind of repetition delightful. I have contemplated everything we have and I would still be the happiest person alive if I lost my job, house and possessions, if I still had you. Our children are going to be very lucky to call you mother. After 5 years with you it still gets better and better each day, week, and year. You bring lasting joy to my life. Love, Kev

4: I absolutely love looking for real Christmas Trees! It brings me back to my childhood! We found the perfect tree! It was an 8 footer and smelt like Heaven! I love decorating because Kev gets really into it too!! It's definitely one of my favorite time of year!

5: J O Y | Saturday December 4th | Christmas Tree Hunting

6: Christmas at the Todd's

8: Todd tradition: Christmas Breakfast at Aunt Pauline's

9: Todd Family | December 26, 2011

10: "Families are like fudge ... mostly sweet with a few nuts."


12: The Beach Boys were right! ARUBA IS AMAZING! | Wed. Dec. 29th to Fri. Jan. 7th | View from our deck in Savaneta

13: ALL ABOARD!! | Kev and I were blessed with the opportunity to go see another beautiful country. For those of you that don't know, Aruba is an island off the coast of Venezuela (about 11 miles or so from it.) It is only 19 miles long and about 6 miles wie. The weather (when we were there) was from 82-89 degrees, but only changes about 5 degrees all year long. It is the perfect dry heat with a perfect cool ocean breeze. We were able to get two weeks off of work and with Kev being in between school semesters, there was no better time than the present. We were there for 10 days. We left early Wed. Dec. 29th and got home Fri. evening Jan. 7th. | From Salt Lake City to Chicago | to Miami to Aruba

14: ANNIVERSARY | Happy4th | Thurs. Dec. 30th | We arrived in Aruba at about 11pm Wed. night. We didn't want to waste money on a hotel when we would only get a few hours of sleep. We decided to stay at the airport. We laid a blanket on the floor and were there until about 9 am when we picked up our jeep the next morning. It was a long night, but a very unique memory!

15: Coconut Inn | After our eventful night at the airport, Thurs., we rented our jeep and headed to the North part of the island called Noord. We wanted some days to not be planned, so for 3 days, we didn't have a place to stay. We found Coconut Inn, which was relatively cheap considering New Years is the busiest time in Aruba. After taking a much needed nap, we then headed to Palm Beach plaza to shop a little and headed to the beach near the High Rise Hotels. | in Noord

16: { | { | LOVE | At Gilligan's on Palm Beach | Celebrating 4 years! Happy Anniversary!

17: Friday, Dec. 31st we went to Palm Beach again and hung out at the Hyatt pools all day and on the beach. It was such a fun and relaxing day to enjoy the New Year.

18: HAPPY | NEW YEAR | That night, we went to Tomato Charlie's and they had the absolute best pizza ever! Kev puts it in his top 3! Fireworks had been going off since we got there, but that night was nothing we have ever experienced!! We were at our hotel and since fireworks are legal, everyone has them and there were always fireworks in the sky. Well especially about 15 minutes before midnight and about 20 minutes after. It was nonstop everywhere We video recorded it, but I wish I took pictures! I've been to places where fireworks are legal, but nothing like this! Definitely a New Year's that started with a bang! We will never forget it!

19: We had so much fun the day before that we decided to do the same thing! Sat. Jan. 1st we went to the beach and enjoyed it's perfect soft sand and beautiful waters. Then to the Hyatt pools,and then to Tomato Charlie's. We even had the same waitress and table...just a little bit bigger pizza!

21: We left the Coconut Inn Sunday, Jan. 2nd in the morning. We had a reservation on the south part of the island, but before we headed down that way, we wanted to say that we saw the whole island. So we drove to the North tip called "Arashi" where the California Lighthouse was. The tip was awesome because it was the complete ocean on 3 sides (rather then just looking at it in one direction.) On our way back down, we stopped at Arashi beach where there were many kite surfers. The beaches were beautiful up North!.

22: SHACK ON THE BEACH FOR 6 DAYS = PURE HEAVEN!! | cORAL rEEF | Sun. Jan. 2 - Fri. Jan. 7th | We had reservations at Coral Reef in Savaneta which is the South end of town where more locals live. We found this place on HostelWorld. While looking at pictures and talking to the owners, we weren't sure what to expect. It sounded way too good to be true. A shack on the beach for $60/night during the busiest times? We were excited to see what we would get; and what we got was pure heaven!! Everything we could have hoped for an more! There was 5 different shacks. We had the best view on the second floor. The double doors opened so we could have them opened all night to enjoy the ocean breeze.

23: Julie and Peter Hamilton were from London, but moved to Aruba 6 years ago. They were the owners and lived at Coral Reef in a separate home and built these shacks to rent. After we got settled in, all of the people staying at Coral Reef went to a local spot called "B55" and we enjoyed getting to know these people from all parts of the world. We even danced to Cuban music! | B55: Local Cuban Restaurant

24: In the Quadirikiri Caves | The Fontein Caves... we had our own tour guide. | Quadirikiri Caves

25: Arikok National Park | Entering the Quadirikiri Caves | Quadirikiri Caves | In the Fontein Caves. THe drawings are from thousands of years ago! | Mon. Jan. 3rd

26: After the caves, we headed towards the beaches in the park. We couldn't go swimming because it was

27: too dangerous, but it sure was beautiful! We were there for awhile just watching the water hit the rocks.

29: Wednesday, January 5th, we went Scuba Diving!! We hadn't been since we got certified in Cancun last year, so we had to go while we were there. We were excited also because this was our first time doing off shore dives. It started raining a bit, but once we went under, it didn't matter! Our instructor's name was Rudolph and he was from Bolivia. Our first dive was at Rocky Beach and we went 77 feet!! We saw some amazingly beautiful fish, eel and coral. Our second dive was at Baby Beach where a lot of people go to snorkle, but we got to scuba! We even saw a sea turtle in the distance!!

30: Wednesday Night, January 5th, we went to Charlie's bar and grill in San Nicolas. We had some awesome Sirloin from Brasil there! That night, we had "Dancing under the stars" with the whole group. A couple people left earlier that week, but we were so happy to be able to enjoy that time with those that were still there!! We danced on the dock for 4 hours and we had so much fun!! | CHARLIE'S

31: "The friends we meet on the path of life make the trip worth while." | We met some amazing people at our stay in Aruba. It was so much fun to get to know friends from different parts of the U.S and even from out of the country! We still keep in contact with some of them! Peter, Julie and Jack are the owners of Coral Reef. They are from London and moved to Aruba 6 years ago and built the shacks. We were so blessed to have met these wonderful people!

32: Since we dropped off our rental jeep Wednesday night, we decided to just hang out on the dock and at our shack for our last day. We laid out, read, swam, and just enjoyed the last day we had there. Unfortunately, Kev spent a little too much time in the sun and got a really bad burn. We cut off some of the aloe vera plant (that smelt horrible) and rubbed it on his stomach. We called it an early night and our friend Amadeo took us to the airport at 5am. It was a perfect way to end the wonderful trip!!

33: { | { | LOVE | Views from our deck, window and dock. Loved this part of the night!

35: Shooting in Morgan with Mark on Bret Kobe's land. | Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. January 17th

36: JENNA'S 22ND BIRTHDAY | Friday February 4th

37: For Jenna's birthday, we went to a friend's cabin with friend's and family of AJ's and Jenna's. We had such a good time! We hung out, talked, ate, watched movies and spent the night. Earlier that day, Kev, AJ, and Jenna went snowmobiling and Sat. night after we got home from the cabin we went back out. I ended up rolling the snowmobile and Kev broke the arm from running into a tree. We were so bummed we had to finish early and felt so bad for that happening! Of course, AJ and Jenna were very sweet about us damaging it! We decided to pack it up and went to Bombay Indian restaurant that night for some yummu food. We had a great weekend!! | AJ and Jenna goofeying off!

38: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! | This Valentine's day was pretty low key, but of course was wonderful. Kev had a really big test the next day and needed to get a lot of studying in. Kev had work until pretty late, so we knew we couldn't really go out or anything. Well, I was at work and Kev had a half hour lunch break. He drove up to drop me off these beautiful flowers and to drive back to work. I was so surprised because I knew how busy he would be. I thought they were so beautiful, and they were this bright for about 2 weeks after this!! When I got home from work, I ran to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, grabbed him an apple pie apple and had that for when he came home for work. We ate a quick meal and he went on to studying the night away. He was up really late, but it was nice to just be in the same room while he was studying. I would gladly lose sleep for him any day!

39: President's weekend in California | Feb. 18th -Feb. 21st

41: Jocelynn's first bon fire! We eventually had to redeem ourselves because it didn't taste like a s'more should!

43: Celebrating Ryker's 1st birthday (March 11th) and Jaeger's 4th birthday (March 9th) at Chuck E Cheese. | Friday March 11th

44: Doing what we love!!! | The Canyons


46: I can only imagine, What it will be like, When I walk by Your side. I can only imagine what my eyes will see, When Your face is before me. I can only imagine. | Surrounded by Your glory, What will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still? Will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing Hallelujah, Will I be able to speak at all? I can only imagine. I can only imagine. | I can only imagine, When that day comes. And I find myself, Standing in the Son. I can only imagine When all I will do Is forever, Forever worship You. I can only imagine. I can only imagine. | Anthony "AJ" Jordon Rooks | July 2, 1983- March 19, 2011

47: "The friends we meet on the path of life make the trip worth while." | IN LOVING MEMORY

48: IN LOVING MEMORY | Anthony "A.J" Jordon Rooks | July 2, 1983- March 19, 2011 | Anthony Jordon (AJ) Rooks, born July 2, 1983, left us suddenly on March 19, 2011, due to complications relating to his heart. AJ was born in Vernal, Utah, the first of three children, to Don and Eileen Rooks. He spent the first 15 years of his life in Rangely, Colorado which is where he first developed a deep rooted love for family, a passion for outdoor activities, and a vigor for life. AJ graduated from Uintah High School in Vernal, Utah, and later served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Fresno, CA mission. He was married April 24, 2010 to his sweetheart Jenna Anderson. From an early age, he loved to roam the nearby mountains with his family, riding horses, hunting for trophy bucks, and snowmobiling. He was also a gifted athlete, who excelled in any athletic competition he participated in. He especially loved playing football every Saturday with his father and brothers. He had a strong work ethic and high level of self discipline. He had a lot of compassion for people, and always made everyone feel comfortable. AJ was active in the LDS church, and was serving along side his wife as ward mission leaders. At his time of death, he was developing tools for "the movement" in dub nutrition. He is survived by his best friend and loving wife of eleven months, Jenna Anderson, his sister Lynlee (Nate) Price, brother Taylor, and his parents. A viewing will be held at Liberty 4th Ward, 142 W 200 N Salt Lake City on Wednesday March 23, from 12:00 to 1:45 p.m., with a funeral following at 2:00 p.m.

49: In Loving Memory

50: On Saturday, April 16th, I did the Salt Lake City Half Marathon again! I wasn't going to do it, but I thought it would be fun since we lived at the Gateway and that's where we ended. I did this half last year as my first one and I got 1:57:28. When I first signed, up, my goal was to beat it, but a lot of unexpected things happened that caused me to not train as hard. I was hoping to at least beat my Top of Utah Half that I just trained for 2 weeks on. Saturday morning came and I got up at 5am, ate my bowl of rice, took some pics, and went outside to take trax and it was raining! No one expected that but by the time the race started, the ground was dry and it was a cool breeze! The whole time, I kept a good pace. I knew mile 11-12 was a hill so I wanted to go as fast as I could to make up any time I would lose on the incline. I was prepared because of last year so I knew where I needed the sprint and where to take a break, so that was really nice. I was so happy that I was keeping my pace up and my lungs were feeling great! Kev met me at miles 4, 9 and the finish line. I am so grateful for his love and support for me in these! AND I did it! I beat my best time! This year, my time was 1:54:57!! My overall place was 1113/4444. My age division (25-29) was 85/501 and my sex overall was 415/2715! My overall pace was 8:46 min mile! I was so excited!! I pushed myself and it paid off! I found out a couple weeks later that I was even pregnant when I did this! :)

51: Mile 9 | Almost to the finish line! | Kev, me, Brittany and Adam | I DID IT! | Mark had free tickets to Park City for snowboarding, so we had to go ! We left about half hour after I finished for the mountain! I had to go every other run because my legs were jello, but we had a blast!!

52: { | { | SAN FRANCISCO | Thurs. April 21st-Mon. April 25th

53: Jenna, Lynlee and I went on a much needed girls trip! We flew to Northern California Thursday night, April 21st. We rented a car and drove up to Sacramento to spend the night at Bryan and Dana's. We got ready on Fri. and then headed off to check out the state capitol and then went down to San Francisco to spend the rest of our vacation there! | Driving in downtown San Fran



56: Sat. April 23rd

57: HOME OF THE GIANTS | San Francisco | Sat. afternoon we went to the Giants vs. Braves game. We lucked out because all the tickets were sold out for both Fri night and Sat. afternoon. We didn't want to spend $80 a ticket so we thought we weren't going to get in. But then a very nice man at will call told us he had two extra tickets that we could have (for free) and then buy one from the scalper! So that's what we did! We talked the scalper down to $40 instead of $60 so $40 for 3 the 23rd rown was not bad at all!!! :) Especially considering the nose bleed seats were $25 each! | Sat. April 23rd

58: There was this Japanese sweets place downtown. Lynlee's husband, Nate, went to Japan for his mission and she wanted to bring some back. Unfortunately, they are only good for like 2 days after so she was unable to bring them home, but we tried some. The Asian lady that owned the store was so cute. We would ask questions about the treats and she would say "It's a little sweet and a little salty. It's a wonderful combination." We used that phrase for the next couple days after that!!

59: FISHERMAN'S WARF | The girls wanted some crab and shrimp. I wanted to throw up. The smell was VERY fishy. But I did it!! I like shrimp, but usually when it's breaded. So I tried both the shrimp and the Crab...straight from the boat...just boiled and I liked it!! Wahoo! :) Now, will I order it at a restaurant...not sure, but I did eat a lot of it so I get points! :) | Saturday April 23rd

60: So this whole trip, I was the girls "puppet" i guess you can say. The beginning of the trip we talked about funny pranks....and I was the only one that would do them. The plan was that they would get the camera set up and then I would do my thing and leave....not talking to them afterwards at all. we didn't know each other. So here's one of those. This couple behind me in the window....the girl was puckering for like 1/2 hour to her boyfriends camera. it was really weird. we were laughing so hard. So after this picture, I walked up to the window and stared at them really weird looking for like a minute (Which is a long time of straight staring at a stranger!) We had some fun for sure! :) Later that night, I did a whole bunch of other pranks like swimming breast stroke laps in the hot tub with a group of people around or the next night doing a cannonball with one random person in the hot tub and got him all wet. Or walking through the lobby in my swimsuit, hunched over with my "wings" sticking out looking like a crackhead. Or running for 1/4 a mile downtown really weird. Really, the list goes on....we definitely had a blast! :) So I've always have heard the food at hooters (Especially the wings) were really good. Jenna said, "Let's get just some wings there! Please?!" So we did....we were cracking up the whole time....especially when they put the group of girls off in the corner. We looked around and that's how it was all set up and the men were in the middle. So funny. And yea..the wings are SOO good. I REALLY want to eat there some more!! Jenna and Lynlee were laughing so hard at this pic, they couldn't get in it. :)

61: Sunday was Easter Sunday and it was a BEAUTIFUL day!! Unfortunately, Lynlee's Grandpa passed that morning so that was a rough way to start the day, but we felt blessed that Papa is now with AJ and I am sure it was a very glorious reunion. We needed to get out so we rented bikes and rode them over the Golden Gate Bridge to Salsalito (A cute little town or the other side). There and back, was 28 miles and probably half of it was uphill which was AWESOME! :) On our way back it was so windy that we couldn't ride our bikes without falling off!! It was so funny and such a great memory! | RIDING OUR BIKES ON THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE!

62: EASTER SUNDAY | April 24th

63: SCOMA'S | Easter dinner at | right on the water. The food was AWESOME! | Sunday, April 24th

64: Monday, April 25th | Right when we got to San Fran we knew we wanted to go to Alcatraz no matter what. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that it was SO hard to get tickets to it!! So we were really nervous. But they had tickets for Monday at 9 so we had to jump on that!! We were flying out at 1pm so we knew we had to do it fast, but it was a good experience for us to go see it!

66: so happy! | Taking our first test! | 1st test | 2nd test | We're Pregnant!! | When I came back from San Francisco Monday, April 25th, I told Kev that maybe we should take a pregnancy test. I was 10 days late and I felt a little different. I didn't want to take one at first because I didn't want to get our hopes up and have it come back negative. I use to want to surprise Kev, but I thought it would be fun for us to take it together! I had a couple from my sister saved. As soon as we started, two lines showed up instantly, so we ran out of the room just in case they faded away. We came back and the two lines were still there! We were pregnant and so excited!!

67: We had to take 3 tests to make sure! | Monday, April 25th | 3rd test

68: The Kirk family came up for Micah's baptism. Jason, Rach, and the kids stayed with us on Thurs. June 2nd and then we went to Grandma Gloria's in Logan on Fri. June 3rd. Grandma Gloria found out in Feb. 2011 that she had cancer (it has spread to multiple areas). She has always been such a positive person and although she is in pain, she still has so much faith and happiness. She is such a special woman. I was able to live with her for about a year while in college and have some awesome memories and stories with her. She took off her hat to show the greatgrand kids that she didn't have any hair. She wanted to teach the kids about her cancer and that she was still smiling.


70: Micah's baptism | SATURDAY JUNE 4TH

71: Micah decided to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! We are so proud of him and his example! We love you Micah!


73: After Micah's baptism, Jaeger had a soccer game that the family went to. After the game, we came back to the house and took naps and the kids played. That night we had an awesome BBQ with perfect weather!!



76: MAKING MEMORIES | Since Kev was starting his new job on July 11th, we wanted to make one more long trip to Cali before doing so. We arrived in Corona on Mon. July 4th...just in time for the ward 4th of July Breakfast. Then we went to the Chacons to go swimming and that night went to watch the fireworks!

77: HAPPY 4th OF JULY! | Celebrating at Mountain Gate Park! Jocelynn was so excited for the fireworks. (And so was I)

78: On Thursday, we went to the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. It was so much fun to see the sharks, birds, sting rays and all the fish!

79: We spent the night at Jason and Rachel's for a couple days to spend time with them and the boys. We went bowling and took them to the mall. We also went to the beach a couple times. Since Jamie and the fam were also down, we had to go to the beach too! We had a blast! We left Sat. night and hung out with some friends and then headed back to Utah.

80: Just another day boating with the Hssey's! We love Bottle Hallow! | SUMMER TIME! | JULY 16th

82: THE HILLS ARE ALIVE... | With the Sound of Music! | Fri. August 5th | in Sundance

83: My boss gave me two tickets to the Sundance film festival to see "The Sound of Music" at the outdoor amphitheater! We had never done anything like that before, so it was fun to try something new. We had a blast! We ended up seeing our friends, Kyle and Sarah, and had a very enjoyable night! We'll definitely go to another play again!

84: Overnight camping in Morgan, UT FRI. SEPT 2ND

85: - Setting up camp and bon fire - Stepping in cow pies - Shooting guns at frogs and in the water -Foil Dinners - Desserts galore - Celebrity game - Zealynn's first camping trip -Mark, Lexi, Ashley, Bret and us enjoying Kobe's land

86: FOR ALL ETERNITY | Our friends, Cody and Amanda Anderson, were sealed in the Salt Lake temple on Sat. Sept. 3rd. The Anderson family came up from California and we spent a beautiful day in the temple and went to lunch afterwards at the Lion House (which was amazing!). We came back early from camping Sat. morning to go and I am glad we did! We met Cody and Amanda through Jenna and AJ. We were all blown away with how strong the spirit was and how beautiful the blessings of the temple are. I love having opportunities to have a place to go on this earth that helps me to always remember the covenants that I have made. I love having opportunities of feeling closer to our dear friend AJ and all those that have passed before. I know that he was with us that day. We had all felt him there and really miss him We are so happy that Cody and Amanda made this decision to be together forever. | Sat. Sept. 3rd

87: It's The Little Things In Life That Matter

88: Bryan and Dana's house | Roseville, CA | Wed. Sept. 14th to Sun. Sept. 18th

89: SquawValley, CA | In April, Kev had signed up for the Tough Mudder with Bryan, Dustin and a co worker of Bryan's. We had flew into Sacramento on Wed. Sept. 14th. We hung out with Bryan and Dana, relaxed, help Bryan with some of the shed he was building in the backyard. We also went out to dinner and went golfing. Sat. morning we headed up to Squaw Valley near Lake Tahoe. Kev's start time was 12:10 and we didn't hear from them until 6pm! They were in lines for the obstacles for about 3 hours! It was a little unorganized, but he had a blast and would definitely do it again. He was a little nervous since he didn't train as much as he wanted to, but he had a great time and built many memories with the boys! We are so proud of you Kev! We went to Olive Garden afterwards and we flew back to Utah Sunday evening. It was a great weekend and we were grateful we were able to do it!!

90: Saturday September 17th | 23 obstacles | 11+ miles

92: Happy Halloween | Sat.Oct. 29th | Sat. Oct. 29th | Kev hot glued the horns to his head! | "Deviled Egg"

93: The gang! | -Spaghetti and spider game -Food - Dancing - Having fun!

94: Soon to be Grandma making Z's blanket | Helping on the roof | Scum anyone? | Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Todd's | November 24th

95: UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER PARTY | Team Olympus at Qualtrics | Tues. Nov. 29th

96: KEVEN'S 29TH BIRTHDAY! | WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 30TH | I surprised Kev for his birthday by taking him to Salt Lake to do a little shopping and then we went to Ruth's Chris. He has never been and has always wanted to go. I surprised him with our friends Bret, Ashley and Mark at the restaurant. They surprised us by paying for it! It was such a fun way to celebrate an amazing man! Happy Birthday Kev!

97: Ruth's Chris

Sizes: mini|medium|large|gargantuan
Jessica Todd
  • By: Jessica T.
  • Joined: over 7 years ago
  • Published Mixbooks: 0
No contributors

About This Mixbook

  • Title: There is purpose in everything. find joy in the journey.
  • Theme for Mixbook Scrapbookers
  • Tags: None
  • Started: about 7 years ago
  • Updated: over 6 years ago