We're excited to announce that Gloria from Little White Whale will be sharing a few of her favorite DIY crafts on our blog this season! If you're getting ready to host a holiday party, here's a crafty way to keep your party classy and your drinks distinguished with festive DIY holly leaf markers. My name is Gloria, and I'm a web designer with a crafty streak who blogs over at Little White Whale! I love dreaming up fun and easy DIY projects, and I have a slight obsession with whimsical design, bad puns, Pinterest, and horror movies. I currently live in Brooklyn with my husband and our mischievous French bulldog, Toby.
My husband and I host an annual pot luck holiday party for our friends, and it’s always so much fun to catch up with everyone over delicious food and cocktails well into the night. What’s NOT so fun, however, are the cups littered across our apartment because no one can keep track of their drink! I’m determined to curb the abandonment problem this year with a crafty solution – cute holly leaf drink markers!
What you’ll need:
- green cardstock
- a printer
- a pair of scissors
- a hole punch
- a pen or marker
- festive straws
- Print and cut out out this holly leaf template
- Fold the edge of the cardstock over about 1 inch
- Place the holly leaf along the folded edge and trace around it
- Cut out the leaves, then punch a hole at the rounded end
- Write your guest’s name on it, and slip it over the straw
- Drop it into a freshly made cocktail