DIY Shaker Card
Its World Card Making Day! Woohoo! When's the last time you took the time to do a little crafty project or write someone a card? Today we celebrate the effort and love behind giving cards to one another. Here at Mixbook, cards mean everything to us. The excitement of a pen pal's card waiting in our mailbox, the suspense to see what beautiful card lies inside that envelope, and the fact that it stays displayed proudly on our refrigerator to relive during our morning coffee.
Mixbook's photo cards and stationery are the perfect opportunities to make someone smile. The best part-once you've created your Mixbook card, there's even more you can do to add personal touch to your card. Check out our DIY Shaker Card project to create a unique card with some fun confetti action.
Clear photo inserts (photo album refill sheets work)
Sequins or confetti
Scissor or X-acto knife
How to make a Shaker Card
- Cut out the appropriate size confetti window you're applying to your card. We're using the Abstract Birthday invitation now available on Mixbook.com
- Seal open edges so you have only one left. You'll need on edge open to get the confetti inside.
- Fill your clear pocket with your choice of confetti or sequins. And seal the remaining open edge.
- Using your adhesive roller outline the area you'll be adding the pocket to
- Place your confetti pocket to the area you've applied the adhesive to and firmly press down.
- And thats it! You've successfully created a fun shaker card