Last Minute Wedding Tips
Before you make that final walk down the aisle, before you take the vows, dance the dance, and run away into the sunset to live happily ever after… let’s do a last minute check to make sure your wedding is full of sunshine and easy laughter.
What the Bride & Groom Can Check Off:
- The easy part: are you all packed? Honeymoon, minimoon, a trip to the moon – whatever it is you’re doing, get the bags all packed and put them in the corner. One less thing to think about and an easy item to check off the list.
- Seating chart or anything else you need to have organized on paper – this includes any notes you have for the person officiating. Get your charts and lists made, printed and handed to whomever they need to get to.
- Rain plan – what is your backup plan? Run through it just in case.
- Printed materials: Don’t save the program for the night before. Type that sucker up and print it out now.
What to Get Ready for the Vendors:
- Get your playlist together and make sure your band / DJ / flock of seagulls is ready to get their jam on.
- Delivery times: Go over the schedule of what gets delivered when and confirm with each vendor. Then make sure you’ve put someone in change of each item on the day-of. You’ll have enough on your plate.
- Tips & payments: Have a receipt printed for each vendor. Put any remaining funds due (or tips that you’ve included) in a sealed envelope. When the responsible person you’ve chosen pays out each vendor at the end of the night, have the vendor sign your receipt and hand it back to your proxy. This avoids all claims of lost payment.
- Final headcount: You’ve probably already paid for a final headcount, but if not, get your number to the caterer.
- Photographer: Go over the plan of exactly what you want so you don’t have to on the day of. Be specific, it’s your wedding!
For the Wedding Party:
- Get your gifts ready for the wedding party and write any special notes you’ve thought of.
- Delegate, delegate, delegate!: Maybe you need help with last-minute decoration or stuffing the gifts bags with water. These are the kinds of jobs your wedding party will be thrilled to help do. Also, pick someone as a contact to give all your guests. You don’t want people calling you because they can’t find their luggage.
- Go over the schedule: All the gift bags will have directions, times and detailed information about where to be for shuttles and whatnot, but go over everything with your wedding party in detail. They can be your ambassadors for questions and can help rally the troops when coordinating gets sticky.
- Special Jobs: What if you want to save a plate of food from dinner and have it sent to your room for later? Or have your wedding suite decorated with rose petals? These are great assignments for your best men and best ladies to sneak away and check off for you on your special day.
At the Finishing Line:
- Do you have a special gift or letter you want to give your honey before the ceremony?
- Do you have your rings and your vows?
- Do you have your dress? Your suit? Your grandma’s special blue ring?
- Make sure you have an emergency kit: an extra button, some safety pins, makeup remover. Pack a parachute.
- Do you have your travel plans and your extra suitcases you packed like I told you to?
- Have you hugged and kissed your honey and told them once more, just for good measure, how much you love him/her?
Now it’s time to let go and have the best day of your life – Happy wedding from Mixbook!!