FC: The Jones find a Home
1: The family I have chosen to do is the Jones family. In this family there is the mom Jessica, who is 24, the dad Ben, who is 26, and a 2 year old son named Elliott. The family is at the childbearing stage. The mom is a stay at home mom, and the dad works as a pharmacist. They love the beach, and mini golfing. There lifestyle is busy and very loud. They are looking to buy their first home because the apartment they live in know is too small for the soon to be born baby, Sophia.
2: They are looking for a house in a child friendly neighborhood. They would also like to find a house near the beach. They are hoping for a nice size back yard with a fence for privacy. They would also like a pool. The house needs to be super safe and child friendly. It must have smoke detectors, and child proof locks. They would like a nice patio so they can be the host to outdoor BBQs.
3: They would like 3 bedrooms and a children’s play room. Jessica loves to cook. She would like a big kitchen with lower counter tops for the kids to help her cook. She would also like a lot of cabinets. She would also enjoy a stainless steel refrigerator and oven. She would like an updated washer and dryer in a little closet near the master bedroom. They would like at least 2 bathrooms.
4: Ben would like a study where he can do his paperwork without being interrupted by the children. He would like all the bedrooms to be on the same floor and close to each other. He would like a home with lots of space so the children are not running into the walls. He would also love a dining room table so they may all enjoy a meal together.
5: Elliott would like a fire truck bedroom. He would like a playroom where he may spread out and play. They would like the playroom to be painted with fun and bright colors. The nursery they would like pink and to have a diaper changing station. They would also like a garage where they may store outdoor things and a closet inside to store the vacuum and other cleaning supplies.
6: Ben is a pharmacist and earns $104,260 a year. He works 40 to 50 hours a week, and is off weekends. They would also like their home to be close to the schools so the children do not have to go very far.
7: The Jones will live in the Southwest in Long Beach, California. Where there are beaches, palm trees, flowering bushes, and ocean. The house will be close to Jessica’s family, and is in a good location for Ben to have a job. The high temperature for January is 68F and July 82F. The low temperature for January is 48F and in July the low is 64F. There are natural disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes. The risk for natural disasters in Long Beach is 40%.
8: They will be moving into the area of Long Beach, which has the zip code 90806. There are 44,410 people. The population density is 11,582. There is an 8.25% sales tax. Long Beach is an urban community. The median age of residents is age 29. The median income is $35,635. 83.72% of the jobs are white collar, and the remaining 16.28% are blue collar. The crime both personal and property, is 120. The homes there sell for about $360,000. 85% of the people drive to work, 9% take public transportation and 4% walk or bike.
9: They will live in a residential, homogeneous, Christian neighborhood. The pharmacist is close to their home. Their kids will go to Bethany Elementary Pre- School. Where the school climate is above average. The expense to go there is $5829.98. The technology measure is medium-low and the school goes from pre-k to 8th grade.
10: The house they will be buying is 1250 square foot country house, surrounded by flowers and a white fence all around. The level, rectangular site is .14 acres. The total cost of the house is $259,900. The down payment for this house is $51,980. The family will have a conventional, fixed-rate mortgage, and a 30 year loan will be taken out on the house. They will pay a fixed interest rate of 4%. The total monthly cost for the house is $992.64.
16: Room Layouts
18: Dinning Room
20: Little Boys Room
22: Maser Bedroom
23: Great Room
24: Bonus Room/ Game Room
25: Baby Room
26: Color Pallet and Picture
29: Walls and Flooring
30: Finished Room
31: Credits Google Flickr By Broghan Schlicher | Abbie Roaides Sam Onger Beth Waker John Smieth Acacia Callenber Justin Lopers Christina Seffer Norman O'Neia Robert Halls Tami Smith Brett Dawson Donna Rodregious