Enjoy up to 50% Off Sitewide! Code: MGIFT18 Ends: 4/25 Details

Blank Canvas

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Blank Canvas - Page Text Content

FC: Russell Edward Warburton

1: On November 12th, 2008 I woke up at 5:00am and could not go back to sleep. So I went downstairs and did the dishes. When I went back upstairs at 6:15am to wake up your Dad, I had my first real contraction. Your Dad thought about staying home from school, but I was sure that they would stop soon, so I sent him off to school and I went to work. I only worked for an hour and a half as the e contractions continued about 10-20 minutes apart. I showered, picked up and watched some day time TV. I wrote down the time of each contraction. By midday they were about 8-10 minutes apart. I called the hospital and they said to wait until they were 4-5 minutes apart for a full hour.

2: At 3:00 pm the contractions were 5-7 minutes apart so I called your Dad to let him know he should probably come home soon. He was with a patient, so he said he would be home as quick as he could. At 4:15 pm the contractions were 5 minutes apart. Your Dad got home around 5:30pm and we made it to the Centennial Hills Hospital at 6:00 PM.

3: At 12:45am on November 13th, 2008, Doctor Rollings arrived and it was time to push. At 1:45am you were born. Your Dad and I were so happy to have our sweet little boy, Russell Edward Warburton with us. The nurses cleaned you, completed your check up. You weighed 7.1bs and were 19 inches tall. You calmed down as soon a the nurses had you bundled up and in my arms.

4: It was 3:30 am when you were cleaned up and eating. Your Dad had to go home and sleep because he still had to go to school the next morning. The rest of the early morning I did not sleep, because it was so much fun to just watch you. Around 5:30am they moved me from the labor and delivery room to the postpartum room. You then fell asleep, so I tried to go to sleep too but every time I was about to fall asleep the phone would ring or a nurse would come in. You slept so much that the nurses made me wake you up to eat every two hours. Sometimes uncovering your legs would wake you up, but sometimes there was no waking you up. You ate really well when you were awake. Your Dad came and visited us before he went to school in the morning and he got of early so he spent the afternoon and evening with us too. Your first night was rough, since you slept most of the day you thought you could be up most of the night. I ended up walking back and forth across the room with you. I did not want to send you to the nursery but eventually I was so tired I had the nurses take you for a little while so I could sleep.

5: We bundled you up in your car seat, since you were so little. We were very excited to have you home. We were still learning how to take care of you. We changed your outfit when you got home into something that would fit you. You took a lot of naps and occasionally would open your eyes to see the world around you. | November 14th 2008 I dressed you in a special blue outfit, that I had picked out for your ride home. It was a little big on you, but you looked adorable. Your Dad came and took us home.

6: You slept in the same bed, that your Dad slept in when he was a baby. Your Grandma Warburton made you special fish sheets. The dinosaur blanket was given to you by your Great Grandma Melba Zohner. That night we gave you your first sponge bath; you did not like it very much. I think it was a little too cold for you. We were so happy to have you in our family.

7: November 15th 2008 | You were a little jaundice so you got to sun bath in your chair by the window in the morning. You got to wear gloves on your hands to keep you from scratching your self with your nails. You looked like a little boxer. I was too nervous to cut them, so I would try to file them down. You started to open your eyes more and more. You still slept a lot and ate a lot. Your Dad and I enjoyed you.

8: November 16th 2008. Your Dad and I loved taking photos of you. We enjoyed a calm

9: Sunday night Grandma Warburton arrived. She was so excited to meet you! You were the first grandchild in the Warburton Family.

10: Nvemberr 17th 2008. Grandma Warburto and I took you to your 1st Doctoers Appointment. You did so well letting him check you out. You were already back to your brith weight.

11: November 17th

Sizes: mini|medium|large|behemoth
Default User
  • By: Emily W.
  • Joined: about 7 years ago
  • Published Mixbooks: 0
No contributors

About This Mixbook

  • Title: Blank Canvas
  • Theme for Mixbook Scrapbookers
  • Tags: None
  • Started: about 7 years ago
  • Updated: about 7 years ago