Get up to 50% Off + MORE! Code: MML18 Ends: 5/28 Details

  1. Help
Get up to 50% Off + MORE! Code: MML18 Ends: 5/28 Details


Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Kylan - Page Text Content

S: Kylan's Adventures at 2 years: 2010-2011


1: We moved back to Raleigh NC in August 2010 for mom to return to her Lecturer position at NC State University. This is our house at 4921 Liles Rd. I shared a room with Ty. Our room was decorated with trains and sports balls. We enjoyed going for walks around the neighborhood and bike rides in the bike trailer around Lake Johnson. I also liked walking Ty to school in the morning and having mom run back to the house so I could go fast in the stroller.

2: I liked to call this shirt my "Papa" shirt. It reminds me of Papa. We are getting settled into our new house and I am helping mom unpack.

3: Mom and dad found a playset for our backyard. Ty and I loved playing in the backyard - sliding, swinging, playing in the fort and many other activities. | One morning we woke up to find a large beetle dead on it's back downstairs. Ty and I sat and watched it for a while. Then Ty took care of it by flushing it down the toilet. That is what he did every morning when we would find the dead beetles. | BUGS!

4: Over Labor Day Weekend, we played at the Beach on Hilton Head. We saw many starfish on the beach and found a few sand dollars. We rented bikes and loved biking around the island. One day we biked to Harbortown and climbed the 114 steps to the top of the lighthouse.

5: On this visit, we had a hotel right on the beach, so we spent at least half of each day on the beach - walking and looking for sea shells or playing in the water. Ty and I also enjoyed entertaining ourselves in the hotel room making music on the patio furniture, making faces through the window at mom and dad or walking in mom's shoes.

6: On Friday the 29th, we went to our ward trunk-or-treat. I did not want to wear my costume that night. As we went trunk to trunk, I got hungry and decided to eat a tootsie roll - wrapper and all. On Saturday the 30th, Christin and Robert invited us to their neighborhood Halloween party. We had hot dogs, a scavenger hunt and did a costume parade around the neighborhood led by a fire rescue truck. We returned to Robert & Christin's neighborhood for Halloween. We did a big circle around the block and filled our buckets with lots of candy.

7: My 2nd Birthday | While Dad was home, we celebrated my 2nd birthday at home with the Goodell's. Mom wrote Happy Birthday Kylan with M & M's but the colors bled in the frosting.

8: On the day of my Birthday, Mom took Ty and I to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner where I had a free Birthday dinner of pizza, drink and ice cream sundae. While I waited for the pizza to come out, Mom let me watch a video on her ipod. When the dessert came, I decided to blow out the candle since it was my birthday, but there was no candle on the ice cream sundae.

10: Enjoying some Pumpkin Custard from Goodberry's. Mom bought a quart and we enjoyed eating it on top a cone after dinner.

11: Over Thanksgiving break we put up our Christmas tree and decorations and took family pictures.

13: One fall day Ty and I helped mom and dad rake up leaves in our front yard. The best part was playing in the leaves once we had a nice big pile.

14: There were some cool nights in December, so we spent evenings inside. On this night, we blew bubbles. Ty tried to see how big he could blow his bubbles. I worked on blowing just right so bubbles would come out.

15: My favorite place to play in Marbles is at the train tables. I could spend the entire visit here with the trains. | My second favorite place is on the second floor with the balls.

16: This is what we found in the living room Christmas morning. Ty and I were so excited to see our presents. I loved anything that was Thomas - The Thomas book, Thomas picture viewer and new Thomas trains! After we finished our gifts, we had Lucky Charms for breakfast. That afternoon we watched the Polar Express and had hot chocolate. It was a fun day!

18: The day after Christmas, we woke up to over 8 inches of snow on the ground. Ty was so excited to go outside. It took me an hour to warm up to the idea, but once outside, I had lots of fun in the snow. Ty and I played in the backyard. Then we had a family snowball fight in the front yard.

20: For New Year's Eve, mom and dad surprised us with new pajamas. Thomas PJ's. Ty and I were so excited.

21: Kylan | sat | on | the potty | and | went | pee-pee | He did it! He did it! Hooray! | At night, before bed I began going on the potty just like Ty.

22: At school I made a heart painting and received some Valentine's from some of myfriends. Mom made me a chocolate train and Grandma Clark sent paper trains.

23: My friend Mabel and her mom came over for a dinner play date one night in March. We had fun playing on my car.

24: After church we came home and found our easter baskets with marble mazes, Cars coin banks, new trains and a Thomas computer game.

25: Ty noticed eggs out in the backyard. Mom gave us baskets and we searched for eggs all over the yard. I enjoyed opening them and eating the jelly belly's.

26: Family Night with the Goodell's at the Bowling Alley. I enjoyed throwing the ball down the lane all by myself. | The approach | The release | Watch and hope the ball makes it to the pins

27: Ty and I enjoyed afternoon visits to the playground at A.B. Combs Elementary where Ty went to Kindergarten. We liked doing tricks, playing tag and running or riding around the track.

28: We visited Marbles Museum Easter weekend. We enjoyed playing out in the garden, planting a flower and then going to Goodberry's for custard afterwards.

29: Memorial Day visit.

30: By staying clean and dry all day, I earned a ticket to ride Thomas. We invited the Winkler's (Joe, Dillan and Jonathan) to come with us. So it was a Mom and Sons weekend in the mountains by Boon, NC.

31: We were able to go to Tweetsie Railroad 2 days in a row and ride Thomas both days as well as other rides they had at the park.

32: We watched the Logan fireworks from Lydia's yard on July 3rd. The fireworks were loud and colorful. For the 4th of July, we drove to Malad where we enjoyed the parade and festivities with Heather's family. We gathered a bag full of parade candy. I liked to eat them as they were thrown at me.

33: An afternoon in Ft. Collins. Ty and I got all wet playing in the fountains in old downtown after having some lunch at one of the restaurants. Afterwards we enjoyed some ice cream. We even watched a train drive through the streets downtown.

35: For Ty's 6th Birthday we went to the Train Museum in Ogden and climbed all over the trains in the yard. Then we rode the Frontrunner train to Salt Lake and back.

36: While we were in Utah for Ty's Birthday, we enjoyed going up the canyon for hikes. On this evening, we did the River Walk trail. Ty and I wanted to walk in the river. It was cold!

37: My first Dentist appointment. The chair was so big, I layed on dad's chest and they let me watch a cartoon on tv while the tech cleaned my teeth. Then I was able to choose a prize out of the prize box.

40: Taking our evening walk around the neighborhood. Ty and I wanted to wear our sunglasses like Mom.

41: Ty had been asking to hike China Wall trail every time we drove to UT/ID. Finally on this labor day weekend trip, we hiked 3/4 of the trail. Mom and dad carried me in the pack about half the time.

Sizes: mini|medium|large|gargantuous
Default User
  • By: Kristine C.
  • Joined: over 7 years ago
  • Published Mixbooks: 1
No contributors

About This Mixbook

  • Title: Kylan
  • Kylan's Age 2
  • Tags: None
  • Started: over 7 years ago
  • Updated: over 6 years ago