BC: Rancho De La Osa Guest Ranch opened on Thanksgiving Day, 1924. It was originally settled by the Papago Indians. In the late 1600's Father Kino, a Spanish Jesuit, built a mission outpost here. It is now used as our Cantina. The Hacienda was built by Colonel Sturgis, a Union Civil War general in the early 1880's. Pancho Villa attacked the Ranch in 1917 when he attempted to capture it for his own. The Ranch is still operating as a guest ranch with 18 rooms.