Enjoy up to 55% Off! Code: JOLLY Ends: 12/5 Details
Apply
  1. Help

HEALTHCARE

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

HEALTHCARE - Page Text Content

BC: This concludes this Mixbook. thanks for enjoying

FC: health care in America With HOLCOMBE ROLADER

1: Home of the free...Because of the Brave | American Health care is mainly controlled by private businesses, but recently there has been debate to allow government control of health care. 83.3% of all us citizens are insured by private sector company's, leaving 16.7% left uninsured piling up debt for the country. whatever the out come is, privatized health care or government control , it affects all of us Americans.

2: Why it"s necessary for ObamaCare.

3: Obama care is needed is because millions of Americans are uninsured and are in need to be supported or they will continue to pile up debt and bills they can't pay so somebody needs to help them cover their problems like the insurance they can't afford would.

4: The latest estimate is that the government program, Obamacare, will cost $2.6 trillion dollars in its first real decade. The bill does not fully go into effect until 2014, therefore the estimate begins with that year.

5: the COST

6: There's a whole lot of party going on | The ruling affects virtually every American. Obama's health care law tells almost everyone they must be insured and makes sure that coverage will be available to them even if they are already ill or need huge expensive care. It helps the poor and many middle-class people afford the cost. And it requires insurers to provide certain basic benefits, like preventive care without co-pays from the patient.

7: what it means for us.

8: THE EFFECT

9: A major negative side effect of Obamacare is the potential for Americans to lose their current doctors. For instance, his plan gives no incentives for businesses to keep their employees on their current health care plans. This of course will result in many people losing the ability to see their own doctor that they have possibly seen for years, unless they pay out of pocket. One positive of all this is that if you can not afford health care, Obama Can Get you health care that is affordable. Also, if you had a preexisting condition, you're covered.

10: DURATION

11: This has been a problem since really the 1940's when social security was born. people wanted and needed health insurance and everyone thinks they have an idea better than the last one.

12: Controversy | The obama care law has been controversial because the Increased coverage may actually raise health care costs. That's because many people will receive preventative care and testing who, fortunately, find out they didn't have that critical illness. However, the CBO found that additional testing, such as cancer screening and cholesterol tests, will lead to higher net medical spending. Also, Pharmaceutical companies will pay an extra $84.8 billion in fees over the next ten years to pay for closing the "donut hole" in Medicare Part D. This could raise drug costs if they pass this onto consumers. Also, In 2013, medical-device manufacturers and importers will pay a 2.3% excise tax.

13: Overall, this will increase medical spending in every American household to 12%, up from the now average 7.5%. This will result in lost money that could've been used for other things like taxes.

14: Amazing Fun on the Fourth | SIGNFIGANCE | OBama care doesn't go into effect fully until 2014. However, on July 10, 2010 people with preexisting conditions were given a chance to get health care. People's children can now stay on the Family health insurance until the are 26.Also women are now able to get contraceptive care through there employer. Also, Senors now get a price lowering on pharmaceutical items.

15: There's a whole lot of party going on

16: NEWSFLASH: Court Cases | the Supreme Court rules in a 5-4 favor to uphold the main part of obama care. The Heart of the part that was upheld was the right tax individuals for not having health insurance.

18: http://www.forbes.com HTTP:WWW.TheTUSCONSUN.COM/HEALTHCARELAW WWW.WIKIPEDIA.COM WWW.CNN.COM WWW.THENEWYORKTIMES.COM HEALTHCARE.GOV OBAMACARE.COM/FACTCHECK. Foxnews.com

19: Quiz time 1. How much money will obama care cost the US in the first decade? 2. How many supreme court justices upheld obama Care out of 9? 3. When will obama care go fully into effect? 4. How long has health care been a problem in America?

Sizes: mini|medium|large|gargantuous
Default User
  • By: HOLCOMBE R.
  • Joined: about 4 years ago
  • Published Mixbooks: 0
No contributors

About This Mixbook

  • Title: HEALTHCARE
  • Tags: None
  • Started: about 4 years ago
  • Updated: about 4 years ago

Get up to 50% off
Your first order

Get up to 50% off
Your first order