BC: Sources: http://www.tatsachen-ueber-deutschland.de/en/society/main-content-08/families.html, search.google.com/images, http://www.economist.com/blogs/gametheory/2011/09/ranking-sports%E2%80%99-popularity, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Culture, | Danke, ich hoffe, Sie mag das :) (Thank you, I hope you liked it :)
FC: German Culture
1: Language | In Germany, 91% of the people speak German as their first language. The remaining 9% is spit up into many other languages. Some of these languages include: Danish, Turkish, Kurdish and Sorbian.
2: German Greetings | In Germany greetings are formal. When you are talking to someone in Germany it is very important to use titles because it show respect to that person. It is also important to shake hands with everyone that you meet.
3: Here are some German phrases and introductions.
4: German Music & Musicians | Some forms of German music includes: Neue Deutsche Welle, Krautrock, and Folk Music. Neue Deutsche Walle, is a form of music that is derived from punk rock and New Wave music. Krautrock is music that originated in Germany in the late 1960's. Krautrock sounds like rock and electronic music. Folk music is very traditional music and is used in many cultures not just German. | Many famous Musicians like, Beethoven, Bach and Richard Wagnar are from Germany and Austria.
7: German Oktoberfest | In Germany there is a huge festival in September going into the first week of October called the Oktoberfest.The Oktoberfest lasts 16 days. Many people from all over the world come to the Oktoberfest. At the Oktoberfest they play games and eat food and Polka dance and other dances. Oktoberfest is the worlds largest fair year round. It has been going on since 1810!
8: German Homes | Germans Take great pride in their homes. Both the inside and the outside of their houses are kept neat and tidy. Only close friends and relatives are invited into the house, and that is one place where informal language may be used.
10: German Religion and Values | Some German values include, freedom, family, and responsibility. More than half of Germany believes in Christan religion. Other beliefs include Islam, Budism and Judaism.
12: German Holidays | German Holidays are almost all the same as American holidays. Germans have some more holidays such as Oktoberfest, and Erntedakfest. they don't have some holidays such as the 4th of July (pretty obvious why) but Americans in Germany still celebrate it.
14: German Attire | In Germany the way they dress is very similar to the way Americans dress. Some differences is that Germans don't wear baggy clothes, they wear shorter shorts than average Americans and about 90% of Germans don't wear flop-flops in public.
16: German FOOD! | Germany is known to have delicious cuisine. Some famous German dishes include: Wurst, Apple strudel, Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte ( a kind of cake), Eintopf, Rote grutze, Sauerbraten, and Brezel. Wurst is white saugage, Eintopf is a kind of stew, Rote Grutze is a german pudding and Sauerbraten is pickled roast.
17: Worst | Sauerbraten | Bretzel | Rote Grutze
18: German Sports | In Germany there are over 991,000 sports clubs and over 27.5 million people are members. | The most widely played sport in Germany is Football (German Soccer). | Other sports played in Germany include: Horseback riding, snowboarding, swimming, Gymnastics and Basketball.
20: German Family and Marriage | In Germany they have recorded little of marriage, Many divorces and small family's. Between 1960 and 1990 there was a drop of 174,000 marriages In 1960 there were 690,000 marriages, and in 1990 there were 516,000 marriages. Although family is still very important to Germans.
22: German Hobbies | There are many German Hobbies. These include all kinds of sports and games. Some of these include; skiing, swimming, sports, music, and many others.
24: Schokolate! and Desserts | Germany has Amazing chocolate. Some of Germany's chocolate brands are: Ritter Sport, Milka, Sarotti, Alpia, and Kinder Schokolade. Germany also has amazing desserts such as Chocolate cake! Germany Chocolate cake is one of the peoples favorites. :)
26: Berlin Wall | The Berlin wall was a wall created to separate West and East Berlin. The Berlin wall was heavily guarded as too keep people from East Berlin to West Berlin. People from West Berlin were allowed to visit the people from East Berlin but their cars were inspected to make sure no one escaped. Later on they made secret compartments to keep the people in to hide them from the guards so that they could take them to West Berlin, but guards soon figured it out. The Berlin wall was "knocked down" on November 9, 1989, because it represented a prison for east Berliners.
28: Engineering | Germans and Engineering go way back. Germany keeps their reputation as exporter of industrial equipment and machinery. Some of the top ten German cars include Daimler-Chrysler, Volkswagen and BMW.