Get up to 50% Off + MORE! Code: MML18 Ends: 5/28 Details

  1. Help
Get up to 50% Off + MORE! Code: MML18 Ends: 5/28 Details

Summer 2011

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Summer 2011 - Page Text Content

S: Verano 2011, Panamá y Colombia con Timoteo y Susana

BC: Panamá y Colombia, 2011

FC: July, 2011 Panamá and Colombia

2: Bridge of the Americas | Panama City | Casco Viejo

4: Emberá Purú | El Baño

5: Lunch of fish and plantains served in banana leaves

6: Memories of Emberá | Our bedroom

7: The School | Doing Laundry | School kitchen | Preparing to leave

8: Boquete

9: Thermal pools

10: Captain Marcelino and the Tai Phou Kuna Yala

13: Capitán Tim

16: Catherine on "Tagua" in coco Bandera Cays | Corazón de Jesús

17: Cartagena, Colombia | Our first níspero

18: La Popa | Castillo de San Felipe

19: Café del Mar | India Catarina

20: Gertrudis Sculpture by Fernando botero | Las murallas

21: Casa Relax Getsemaní

22: Panamá and Colombia: July 9 - July 25, 2011 July 9 -Spirit Airlines flight DFW to Panama City, changing planes in Ft. Lauderdale. Left DFW at 5:06 p.m. on time. July 10 - Arrived in Panama City at 1:20 a.m. Took a taxi to Hostal Amador Familiar, arriving around 2:30 a.m. Had breakfast at the hostal and took a taxi to the Canal, arriving at the perfect time to see two different passages through the canal in addition to viewing the musuem and the film. Took a taxi from the canal to the Causeway and had a good lunch at El Ranchito. We walked back to the hostal. In the evening we went to Casco Viejo and walked around there a lot. July 11 - We were picked up by our driver in the morning to go to the Emberá Village for the night. We picked up five other people and arrived at the river where we loaded into dugout canoes for the trip to the village. It was about a 45 minute ride. When we arrived we were met by all the villagers, fed fish and plantains cooked over an open fire, then watched and participated in the native dance. A huge rain storm began and we were glad we were staying the night instead of getting on the swollen river in the rain. We walked around the village after the rain quit. Nelson came with hammocks and foam pads and mosquito netting for our platform that would serve as our bedroom for the night. One of the ladies cooked our dinner of chicken and rice. When the sun set everyone went to their homes. July 12 - Walked around the village this morning, had breakfast, and boarded our canoe for the trip back to Panama City. Two of the Peace Corps workers rode with us to the city. We were taken to La Estancia. We then took a taxi to Summit Zoo. After the zoo we rode the diablo rojo bus back to the mall, had dinner, then took a taxi to the hotel. July 13 - Took the 8 a.m. bus to David. Had lunch in Santiago and arrived in David. Took a very beat up taxi to Boquete, arriving about 5 p.m. We spent the night at Hostal Barú. Had dinner at El Saborón. July 14 - Walked up a mountain waiting for the tour company to open. Saw what they had to offer and walked to Café Ruiz to have coffee and cocoa and decide what we wanted to do in the afternoon. Went back and made our arrangements for an afternoon trip. Checked into

23: Hostal Boquete and made plane reservations for Panama City. Ate lunch across from the mall area. Left at 1:30 with two men from France and a couple from Australia with the company Boquete Mountain Safari Tours in a old Toyota. Visited the coffee planatation where we were shown the difference between the coffee beans. Went to the hot springs after that and had an interesting muddy trip in the vehicle getting there. Enjoyed the springs before coming back to town. We had a wonderful dinner at Machu Picchu. July 15 - Took an early morning walk up the mountain to El Explorador only to find out that it didn't open until 9 a.m. Had breakfast at Café Nelvis, did a little shopping, and took a taxi to the airport at David at 11 a.m. It was a quick flight and we arrived in time to go to the Metropolitano Zoo and Panama Viejo. We took a taxi from there to the causeway, getting a history lesson on the way from the taxi driver. We ate at Albertos, following the taxi driver's recommendation. Stayed the night at La Estancia. July 16 - Left the hotel shortly after 5 a.m. for the trip to Kuna Yala. After a small mixup as to what area we were supposed to meet the boat to take us to the yacht, we arrived to the Tai Phou. July 17 - 21 - Lived on Tai Phou with Captain Marcelino visiting the islands of Kuanidup, Chichime, and many others. We had wonderdul seafood dinners after the first night of beef. We ate lobster twice, conch, octupus, and crab served in different ways. Each day we snorkeled, swam, kayaked, walked on the islands, and just enjoyed being on the yacht in the islands. We enjoyed a visit with Catherine from France and bought two necklaces from her. July 22 - Took a taxi to the airport for our 11:26 a.m. flight to Cartagena, arriving at 12:30. When we arrived in Cartagena we took a taxi to Hotel Casa Relax. Walked around the city and the murallas. Had an expensive lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. July 23 - Took a taxi to Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas. After walking around there we took a taxi to Convento de la popa. Enjoyed the view of the city from there, which is the highest point in town. We then took the taxi to Las Bóvedas and walked through the shops there. Went to Palacio de la Inquisition. Went to Café del Mar where Tim had his aguardiente. July 24 - Walked around town. We saw the moving of India Catalina, ate a níspera, went

24: through the Gold Museum, walked through the upscale residential area of Upalima, saw La Gordita by Botero, walked through Portal de los Dulces and ate coconut candy, walked through the Placa de los Coches, the Convento and Iglesia de San Pedro Claver to see him in his glass coffin. Had dinner at Australian Fusión. July 25 - Found a taxi and took a tour of the peninsula before being taken to the aipport for the flight home at 1:25 p.m. Arrived in Dallas at 11 p.m. We were able to find our way to the car and made it to Betty's around midnight. El fin of a fantastic trip!

Sizes: mini|medium|large|massive
Default User
  • By: Neva S.
  • Joined: almost 7 years ago
  • Published Mixbooks: 0
No contributors

About This Mixbook

  • Title: Summer 2011
  • Theme for Mixbook Scrapbookers
  • Tags: None
  • Started: almost 7 years ago
  • Updated: almost 7 years ago