Up to 50% Off! 50% Off Bestsellers + More! Code: MERRY19 Ends: 12/9 Details

  1. Help
Up to 50% Off! 50% Off Bestsellers + More! Code: MERRY19 Ends: 12/9 Details

My Galapagos & Machu Picchu trip

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

My Galapagos & Machu Picchu trip - Page Text Content

FC: Galapagos and Peru

1: We got to the checkpoint on time but unfortunately had to wait half an hour because there were other groups ahead of us. We got through the checkpoint and hurried all the way to the sun gate, 4 km. We passed a lot of people on the way that were in front of us at the checkpoint. When we finally reached the sun gate, we had an awesome view of Machu Picchu peeking up through the clouds | Machu Picchu. I woke up to hearing my guide’s call room service, room service from outside of the tent. I looked at my watch and it was 4:00 am. We got tea and went outside to wash our hands with the warm water and soap that they gave us. We ate breakfast quickly so we could get to the sun gate.

2: . We hiked another couple of kilometers and reached the farming area of Machu Picchu where the classic Machu Picchu picture is taken. We passed the farming area and went down to start our tour with Eric. He brought us to the sun temple where the Incas worshipped the sun. We also saw the giant condor temple where the Incas gave offerings. We also went to many sacrifice tables where the Inca’s would sacrifice Llamas or sometimes but rarely people. We saw the famous 32 sided rock, a sun dial the royal residence area, which was quite big and had many, many rooms. After our tour with Eric we had some free time and after that we explored we decided to hike Wayna Picchu, mountain. It was very muddy and steep. It took us 2 hours but the view of Machu Picchu was amazing from the top and we took a lot of photos. Once we successfully made it down, it started to rain. We took cover in a shelter and had a snack for about 30 minutes.

3: . We said goodbye to Eric and caught a train down to Aguas Calientes. The main street of Aguas Calientes is train tracks and it is a very small city. We had pizza and met up with Eric and Elbine. A few hours after exploring we met up with our friends the Marr-Laings as well and had pizza again. After pizza we said goodbye to Elbine because he was taking an early train. A couple hours later (aka) 9:30, we took a one hour train ride and slept the whole way and then got in a shuttle van for two hours on a bumpy road and also slept the whole way. We finally arrived in Cuzco! Once we arrived in Cuzco we went straight to bed because we were so tired.

8: We played with the school of fish than kept going. We swam for a long time seeing various things along the way like puffer fish, moray eels and spotted eagle rays. We finally reached a spot where white tipped reef sharks swam. After going a little ways longer we reached 1 hour and it was time to ascend. | Scuba Sploosh! I plummeted down to he ocean bottom. The sand was soft under my feet. I watched and waited for the rest of the group to descend. We stood in a circle and got ready with a couple of skills. Soon we started to swim and came across a school of fish with 10 stingrays feeding below

9: Dive 2. I secured my mask and regulator and tipped over the side of the boat backwards. We descended slowly on a line to the bottom of the ocean where we discovered a cove with seven sharks. We swam towards a school of 6 small eagle rays and came across a ginormous marble ray that was camouflaged on a rock. We swam farther and spotted a jewel moray eel that bared its teeth at us to protect its territory. A fine spotted eel was slithering through the rocks. We came across lots of friendly sea lions. To end our scuba dive we came across a field of garden eels that sank down into their holes if you came to close.

10: Tortuga Beach We set off at 9 o’clock on a hike to Tortuga beach. We walked for about 45 minutes. We passed the first beach, which was very, very beautiful, but it had big waves so we had to continue on to the second beach, which was smaller and calmer but not as beautiful

11: We swam there for a long time but the horse flies got really bad, so we had lunch then moved to the first beach to play in the waves because the waves had calmed down. We played at the first beach for the rest of the time.

12: Monkey reserve/Jungle tour. We finally got out of the car from a 2-hour drive. A Capuchin monkey greeted us at the gate. We walked through the gate and were surprised to see a monkey jump onto our guide’s head. It clung on and our guide gave it some sunflower seeds. When he held out the sunflower seeds monkeys surrounded us. They jumped on your back from out of trees and held your hand and walked with you or swung from your arms with their tail

13: . We took a half an hour walk and the monkeys followed. They would jump from bush to bush and from head to head. My sister Alex had a small monkey that looked like a minnie King Kong cling on to her for the whole half an hour hike. When we were done our hike, sadly we had to leave the monkeys and continue our jungle tour.

14: We drove for a little while longer then stopped and had lunch at a little shack in the middle of nowhere. Afterwards we started our hike to the waterfall and on the way we used termites as bug repellant and rubbed it on our skin. We tried living lemon ants and discovered they taste exactly like lemon. We also tried various sour plants. When we reached the waterfall we got in to our bathing suits to swim in the waterfall. The waterfall was cold but fun to swim in.

15: When we were done we hiked back and drove to a look out point. We shot blow darts and swung out over a cliff on a rope swing. We took a look off the lookout point and watched the sunset. It was a beautiful view to finish off the day.

16: Zip-lining Today we hired a taxi to drive us up to a place where we went zip-lining. We got there and tried on helmets and harnesses. After we each got the right equipment, we started our zip-lining. Our first zip-line was a small one, but the zip-lines got bigger and bigger. After around five zip-lines I tried the superwoman pose with a guide. On the 10th zip-line both of my sisters, I and a guide all got to go at the same time. The zip-lining was very thrilling and fun. I loved it.

Sizes: mini|medium|large|massive
Default User
  • By: Bailey H.
  • Joined: over 9 years ago
  • Published Mixbooks: 1
No contributors

About This Mixbook

  • Title: My Galapagos & Machu Picchu trip
  • Tags: None
  • Published: over 9 years ago